There are a lot of food combinations that can benefit your overall health. One such combination is that of jaggery and curd. We usually consume these foods on a regular basis and use them for different preparations. However, ever thought how these two can work to boost your overall well being? Read on to know the health benefits of having a bowl of jaggery and curd everyday.
This combination of jaggery and curd can help you in losing weight. Jaggery helps in boosting the metabolic rate of the body which further helps in shedding those extra kilos. Jaggery helps in burning the fat around the stomach area. On the oth4er hand, curd is a great weight burner. It is a good source of calcium which keeps the body mass index in check and helps in weight loss. Also, a bowl of jaggery and curd keeps you active all day long and you can have it after a tiring session at the gym.
Treats Cold And Cough
This is the season when many of us suffer from common cold and cough. The changing season usually brings along this health issue. The combination of jaggery and curd really helps in treating cold and cough. Jaggery or gur has potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, and copper which keep cold and flu at bay. On the other hand, curd has antibacterial properties that boost the immune system of your body and prevent any health problems. Other than adding jaggery to your curd, also sprinkle some black pepper for better results.
Don't Miss: Home Remedies For Cold And Cough Using Honey
Good For Digestion
It is so important to have a good digestive system for the proper functioning of your overall body. A lot of us suffer from digestive problems like diarrhea, constipation, nausea, and bloating. To keep any such digestive issues at bay, you should have a bowl of curd and jaggery. This combo works well for your stomach and prevents any digestive issues.
Relief From Menstrual Pain
An easy home remedy for period pain is a bowl of gur and curd. Not just menstrual pain, if your stomach is paining is general and if you are having stomach cramps then you should have jaggery and curd.
Anemia is one of the most common health issues facing today, especially women. This usually happens when there is a lack of blood in the body. Having curd and jaggery helps in increasing the blood in the body and prevent health concerns like anemia.
Other than having jaggery and curd as a combination, you can also add these individually to your diet as they have some great benefits for your body.
Benefits Of Jaggery
- Jaggery is packed with antioxidants that prevent free radical damage in the body which further leads to health problems.
- It helps to increase the count of hemoglobin in the blood. Gur also works as a blood purifier.
- Jaggery is a natural cleansing agent for your body. It removes the harmful particles from the body and keeps you healthy.
- Consuming jaggery helps in improving the strength of your intestines.
- Jaggery or gur also helps in maintaining your body temperature and keeps your body cool.
- Consuming jaggery regularly also helps in preventing respiratory problems.
Benefits Of Curd
- Rich in calcium and phosphorous, curd is great for your bones and teeth. It makes them strong.
- Curd is a probiotic food. It has live microorganisms which are great for your health. It boosts your immune system.
- Curd is easy to digest and is great for the proper functioning of your digestive system.
- Consuming a bowl of curd keeps you full for longer and it helps in weight loss.
Do add a bowl of jaggery and curd to your diet for its amazing benefits. For more such health stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi.