Clove or laung is one of the most used spices in Indian kitchens. Other than adding great aroma to your different preparations, this spice is also used in your kadhas for its amazing health benefits. Packed with antioxidants, cloves are super healthy and you must make them a part of your daily diet. There are different ways of adding clove to your diet and one easy way is having clove tea.
Clove tea is great for your overall health. You can make it at home using just two ingredients. It is a great alternate if you have a habit of drinking tea and wish to get rid of the addiction. Read on to know how to make this tea and what are the amazing benefits of consuming it.
How To Make Clove Tea?
1 tbsp whole cloves
1 cup of water
In a pan, add a cup of water and add cloves. Bring to boil. Switch off the flame after 3-5 minutes. Strain. Add honey to your cup of tea, this step is optional if you wish to make it sweet.
The best time to enjoy this tea is having it in the morning. Make sure you don't drink more than a cup of this tea as the excess of anything can harm your health. If you are undergoing some medical treatment then make sure you consult your doctor before making clove tea a part of your diet.
Benefits Of Drinking Clove Tea
1. Cloves have antioxidants that help in fighting free radical damage to the body and boost our immune system.
2. Cloves also have antiseptic, antiviral, and antimicrobial properties that keep common infections, cold, and cough at bay.
3. Drinking this tea will help you improve your digestion. Healthy digestion will help you lose weight quickly.
4. This drink also helps boost your metabolic rate which further helps in weight loss.
5. If you suffer from gum or tooth pain then having clove tea is good for you. Clove has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce the swelling of gums and provide relief from toothache. Drinking clove tea helps you remove all bacteria from your mouth.
6. Clove tea is also a healthy beverage for those suffering from chest congestion or sinus. Cloves have eugenol which helps in clearing phlegm.
7. Cloves have vitamin E and vitamin K which help in fighting bacterial infection. It helps in lowering down the temperature of your body.
8. Clove tea helps in clearing harmful toxins from your body which can lead to different skin problems. Drinking clove tea helps you heal your wounds, skin problems, and fungal infections.
9. Cloves have anti-cancer agents present in it and drinking this tea helps you fight against the disease.
10. It is believed that drinking cold clove tea helps in getting relief from chronic arthritis. Prepare your clove tea and refrigerate for a few minutes and then drink to reduce joint pain and swelling.
11. According to a study, drinking clove tea also helps in reducing the stress levels. When you drink this tea, you start to feel happy as it fills your body with the feel-good hormones.
Don't have a hand sanitiser? You can use clove tea to sanitise your hands too! Just some cold clove tea over your hands and your hands and clean! Cloves clear the bacteria and works as a natural hand sanitiser for you.
Now that you know the amazing benefits of drinking clove tea, make it a part of your everyday diet! For more such home remedies and health tips, stay tuned to HerZindagi.