The summer season brings along our favourite, juicy and delicious fruits like mangoes, muskmelon, and watermelon. Today, we are going to talk about muskmelon and its seeds. Muskmelon is packed with water and that's why keeps you hydrated for long.
Usually, we all have this juicy fruit for its refreshing flavour and hydration. However, do you throw away the seeds? A lot of us throw away these seeds, not knowing the amazing benefits of them. These seeds are packed with benefits that are great for our overall health.
Read on to know the amazing benefits of muskmelon seeds.
1. Muskmelon seeds have vitamin C which help in boosting immunity. Muskmelon seeds increase the production of white cells in the blood which further improves your immune system.
2. If you suffer from any digestion or acid reflux problems then munching on some muskmelon seeds helps. Also, it is great for anyone who suffers from constipation.
3. Muskmelon seeds are a must for anyone who suffers from high blood pressure. Muskmelon seeds help in lowering the blood pressure.
4. These seeds also have calcium which is great for your bones and teeth. Muskmelon seeds also help in increasing the bone density.
5.Muskmelon seeds have dietary fiber and high water content which improves digestion and prevents digestive disorders.
6. Muskmelon seeds help in keeping summer cold and cough problems at bay. They remove excess phlegm in the body. These seeds also help in getting relief from congestion.
7. Packed with omega-3 fatty acids which are great for heart health. Muskmelon seeds improve the functioning of your heart and help in preventing different heart problems.
8. Muskmelon seeds have folate which helps in reducing water retention in pregnant women.
9. If you are a vegan or vegetarian and looking for sources of protein and kharbuja seeds are perfect for you. These seeds work as a plant based protein for anyone who doesn't have meat or dairy.
10. Muskmelon seeds have antioxidants which keep the blood cholestrol level in control.
11. These seeds are rich in vitamin A and beta carotene which is great for your eyes. They keep your eyes healthy and prevent the risk of problems like cataracts.
12. Kharbuja seeds are high in protein and this makes them great for your hair. These seeds help you grow your hair quickly. They prevent hair breakage and hair fall. Apart from munching on these seeds, you can use these in your hair packs. Along with helping in hair growth, these seeds help in nail growth too.
Now that you know the amazing benefits of having muskmelon seeds, make them a part of your daily diet.