Drinking tea is the morning ritual of many people to feel fresh and to uplift their moods. While we want something refreshing to start the day, having a punch of astonishing health benefits in our cup of tea can turn out to be great for well-being. There are many types of teas that are available in the market.
But, prepping a homemade tea, using basic ingredients from the kitchen shelf can be fun, easy and wholesome. We are talking about onions, which are extremely beneficial for health and have been used for centuries as medicine for one or the other purposes. Its tea is also known to have many benefits. Check out the recipe and its advantages.
Things You Will Need
- 1 roughly chopped onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-2 tablespoons honey as the sweetener
- 2 cups of water
- Take a saucepan, add 2 cups of water. Let it boil for 2-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Then add the roughly chopped onions into the boiling water. After 2 minutes add garlic after peeling and squashing it.
- Add small pieces of bay leaves and cloves. Let the mixture boil for another 10 minutes.
- You will notice the water turning into dark brown colour. Turn off the flame and pour it in the cup.
- After it cools down a bit add honey for taste. You can also skip adding the sweetener.
- Drink every morning to feel fresh and energetic.
Benefits Of Onion Tea
During monsoon and slightly colder days, children are more likely to catch a cold and cough. According to researchers in the Journal of European Clinical Nutrition, onions are loaded with an element called quercetin that is beneficial in boosting the activity of antioxidants in the blood. Not only is this, but the presence of Vitamin C known to keep the bacteria of cold at bay.
The same study published in the journal of European Clinical Nutrition suggested that the tea made up of onion can reduce hypertension. Let’s admit it, we all face hypertension sue to our lifestyles and workload. There are things that keep bothering us related to office and home.
While we can’t shut the source of tension completely, we can always take measures to lessen the impact. An element called quercetin in the onion prevents blood clot formation, which reduces the risk of hypertension.
Relieve Type-2 Diabetes
Diabetes is one of the most common healthcare issues from which people around the world are suffering. Reportedly, according to a study, onion tea is great to relive type-2 diabetes. The onions tend to improve the glucose response, which helps in increasing the insulin regression. Nothing can be greater than being able to control diabetes with simple homemade tea, using extremely basic elements from the kitchen shelf.