Boba Tea has its roots back in Taiwan and recently the tea has been the talk of the town. The tea is made with the white, black or green base, then it is blended in a shaker with some milk and finally, the tapioca pearls are added. These pearls look like bubbles floating over the tea and the slippery and chewy texture along with the sweet taste makes them just the perfect ingredient for this boba tea.
The speciality of boba tea is that it can come in various flavours and combinations. You can mix fruits, syrups, pudding, jellies and nuts, etc to your tea to make it super delicious and yummy.
But not only is the tea is known for its taste but also the benefits it offers. Yes, this delicious drink is capable of helping you boost your health in many ways. Let us take a look at them.
Helps Lower Blood Pressure Levels
Studies claim that boba tea’s green base is very beneficial for lowering your blood pressure levels. Not only that, but this tea is also full of properties that can also lower your bad cholesterol levels and thus maintain optimal cardiovascular health by also reducing severe conditions related to the heart including strokes.
Reduced Risks Of Cancer
Cancer is a very deadly disease and curing it is also hard. Extended treatments and multiple procedures are also sometimes not enough for this disease which is why you should try preventing this disease by drinking boba tea. Boba tea has an impact on cancer cells and may thus help in reducing the risks of this disease. This tea is majorly great for reducing liver, breast, prostate, and colorectal cancers.
Boosts Your Energy
The high amount of sugar that is present in this drink has been studied to work as an instant energy booster. Moreover, this Taiwanese drink also contains decent amounts of caffeine which are again great for giving you that energy boost after a long tiring day.
Strengthens The Immune System
The green tea base used in boba tea is known to be rich in antioxidants and that is why it can help in reducing oxidative stress by killing the free radicals that reduce immunity. Further, the addition of Vitamin C-rich fruits like blueberries, strawberries can also help in boosting immunity big time.
Some Drawbacks Of Boba Tea
- This tea accounts for very high amounts of sugar which may not make it a very healthy drink for all.
- However, reduced sugar levels in the drink make it a metabolism boosting potion but there are other factors such as the calories and other properties that pose threat to your health.
- Overdose of this drink can make you obese by increasing your body fats and thus give rise to other severe health conditions.
- For people who are allergic to root vegetables should also avoid this drink as it is filled with cassava.
- You can try this tea with healthy alternatives such as soy milk, almond milk, and coconut allergies.
If you liked reading this article then stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more such pieces.