Bloating can be caused by a variety of factors, including bad eating habits, constipation, or anything else, and it makes us feel uncomfortable. It makes our stomach appear bigger than usual, and it also causes pain, exacerbating the problem. Nobody can deny that they have experienced this condition at some point in their lives, and it is equally aggravating for everyone.
Whatever is causing your bloating, you most likely want it to stop as quickly as possible. The good news is that a little exercise can make you feel a lot better. To relieve bloating and constipation, some exercises can be done at home without any equipment. Sonia Bakshi, the founder of Dance to Fitness Studio and a fitness expert, tells us about these simple exercises.
You may believe that exercise is just beneficial for toning muscles and increasing stamina, but there are dozens of reasons to exercise, including reducing bloating. That's right, these bloating exercises can help you get rid of the pain you get after a big meal as well as enhance your digestion in general.
Sonia Bakshi says, 'Bloating is a symptom. This is usually caused by a lack of sleep, a food allergy, eating too much at once or eating too quickly, not exercising or not moving after a meal, or if a person has IBS.'
Child's Pose (Balasana)
- Kneel on your yoga mat, buttocks pressed against heels.
- Bring your feet close together.
- The upper body should be as straight as possible.
- Then, while still in child pose, place your forehead on the ground comfortably.
- You can also use cushions if your forehead is not touching the ground.
- Count to five while remaining in this position.
Spinal Twist (Supta Matsyendrasana)
- Begin by resting on your back in a comfortable position. Now, bring both your knees to one side.
- Keep both the hands on the sides of your body in a straight position.
- You should be lying on your back with both hands on the side while doing this.
- Your body appears to be in the shape of a T, with your knees on one side and your face on the other.
- After 6 counts, switch sides and repeat for a total of 10 times.
Wind-Relieving Pose (Pawanmuktasana)
- Lie down on your back and straighten your legs to 90 degrees.
- Bring your thighs into your abdomen by bending both knees.
- Keep the knees and ankles together.
- Then bring your arms around the legs and hug it with both hands.
- Take hold of your elbows or clasp your hands together.
- Lift up your neck and tuck your chin into your chest or bring it onto your knees.
- Hold this stance for 20 seconds to begin. Gradually raise the intensity for up to 1 minute.
- This will let your gas out completely.
Bridge Pose (Setu Bandhasana)
- To do this, lie down on the mat.
- Now fold your legs.
- Keep the hands on the side of the body.
- After that, slowly raise your hips.
- Raise your hips as high as you can to bring them in line with your back.
- Pause at the top for 10 counts and then come back down.
Legs-Up-The-Wall Pose (Viparita Karani)
- To do this pose, lie down on your back.
- Place your feet on the wall and your hands by the side.
- While doing this, your hips should be exactly near the wall.
- The feet should be facing upwards.
- Hold this position for at least 20 counts.
Standing Forward Bend (Uttanasana)
- To do this, stand on your feet.
- Now, from the waist lean forward.
- This will round your spine.
- Staying in this position, try to touch the toes with your hands.
Causes For Bloating
By keeping a few factors in mind, you can get to the root of the true cause of bloating. Remember, bloating is a symptom, so think what is your body attempting to tell you? Are there any foods that you are allergic to? Are you consuming too much food at once? Are you under a lot of pressure at work? Not getting enough sleep or not getting enough vitamins? Once you know what causes you bloating, you can reduce the bloating problem by avoiding the cause.
Other Tips To Reduce Bloating
- Eat Slow And Small
- Drink Ginger
- Sip-In Lots Of Water
- Have A Banana
- Go For A Walk
I hope you found this article helpful. For more stories like these, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org