We are all concerned about our health due to the coronavirus outbreak. We all are trying different home remedies to boost our immune system. We all need to have a strong immune system to keep any health problems at bay. Celebrities are sharing home remedies they are trying this season with their fans. Sometime back, Hina Khan shared on what she is doing to keep her immunity strong. Hina shared that she is having tulsi and adrak shots. She posted a picture of a cup with tulsi and adrak shots and captioned it, "#Immunity Shots."
We all need a strong immune system to stay healthy and keep infections and viruses at bay. Both tulsi and adrak or ginger are natural ingredients known for boosting your immune system. They are known for improving your immunity naturally.
Tulsi or Holy basil has antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties that are great for your overall health. For those who don't know, it is used as a medicinal herb for years. It is known for killing germs. It can prevent a lot of common problems like cold, cough and viral infections too.
Tulsi has antibiotic and germicidal properites that keep bacterial, viral and fungal infections at bay. Tulsi is considered one of the best herbs to boost your immune system. It has phytochemicals, bioflavonols and anti-oxidants compounds which prevent your body from infections.
Here are some health benefits of tulsi:
- It relieves symotoms of health problems like cold, asthma, congestion, sore throat among others.
- It helps in lowering the blood pressure and cholesterol of the body.
- It also prevents the risk of heart problems and reduces the risk of heart attack.
- Tulsi improves your digestion process. It prevents vomiting, gastric issues and menstrual cramps.
- Tulsi helps in maintaining the blood sugar level of your body.
Drinking tulsi in the form of tea everyday can help you boost your immunity. It works as a natural immunity booster and protects you from different health problems. This tulsi tea or kadha is usually prepared with other ingredients like ginger or adrak.
Ginger or adrak works as an antioxidant. It is a natural immunity booster. Ginger is also packed with a lot of vitamins - iron, zinc, magnesium and calcium. Ginger helps in preventing cold, cough and fever. Read on to know some health benefits of ginger:
- Ginger is your best friend if you have any digestive disorders like indigestion, gas among other issues.
- Ginger is helpful in reducing nausea. It prevents motion sickness, pregnancy morning sickness.
- Ginger works as a blood sugar regulator. It is a great ingredient for diabetics.
- It is also known for reducing menstrual pain during periods.
You can use tulsi and ginger together to prepare these healthy shots to boost your immunity. This drink also helps in improving digestion and maintains overall health.
You will need:
- Tulsi leaves
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- In a pan, add water, tulsi leaves, and grated ginger. Let the mix boil.
- Transfer to a cup. You can add some lemon juice or honey for taste.
Do try these immunity-boosting shots for good health and keep all health issues at bay. For more health-related stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi.