Constipation is an extremely common problem that several people go through. There can be a number of reasons behind the cause of consti[ation. This can have a serious negative impact on your physical as well as mental health.
If you want to cure this, then Dt. Lakshita Jain (Certified Clinical Dietician, Lecturer, Diabetes Educator, Meat Technologist, and Founder of NUTR) has suggested some highly effective methods.
- Simply chew a few mulethi sticks. One of its many properties is that it's a natural laxative.
- Soak 6-8 khajoor in a cup of water. Then, churn it in the mixer in the morning. For best results, drink early in the morning.
- Early morning take a glass of water with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. You can also add honey with normal room temperature water.
- Drink on elite (4 glasses) of water early morning or after leaving the bed in morning.
- Consume approx 250-300gms fresh grapes every day. When grapes are not in season, you and even soak 12-15 kishmish in water and have them. For best results, aisins should be soaked for 24-48 hours and consuming them early in the morning is the key. You can also drink the water in which you soaked the raisins.
- Taking 2-3 teaspoons of isabgol in milk or warm water early in morning or at bed time is very beneficial.
- ¼ Spoon of wheatgrass with ginger and lemon juice. Consuming it daily early in the morning can be highly effective.
- For chronic constipation: ¼ spoon Triphala with ½ spoon ashwagandha between meals on an empty stomach for maximum absorption.
Bodies of small children are different from that of adults, thus, they need extra care. Keeping in mind the special needs of small children, Dt, Lakshita Jain has shared some effective remedies.
- Consumption of 6-8 khoorbani or 2-3 kheera or 1-2 bananas
- Bulk forming vegetables like carrots, cabbage, radish, spinach or fibrous food should be consumed. Instead of juice, always opt for eating the fruit.
- Whole wheat flour should be used and you should avoid any kind of processed foods (maida, cheese, confectionery).
For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!