Eucalyptus leaves have a beautiful, relieving aroma. They contain oil which is extracted via the process of distillation and is used in aromatherapy as an essential oil. If you notice, it is there as an ingredient in many cosmetics, decongestants, cough suppressants and mouthwashes. It has many health benefits and to be specific, it is best for relaxation and clearing nasal congestion. But how do we add it to ower shower without applying any oil or using a body wash with eucalyptus in it which has a very temporary effect? Scroll down to know this hack.
You can easily reap the benefits of these leaves by hanging them in your shower. The steam from the shower will activate and release the oil compounds in the air which lets you breathe them in. Get yo0ur hands-on dried or fresh leaves.
Besides the amazing smell, eucalyptus has many benefits.
According to a 2013 study, inhaling eucalyptus oil can help reduce the sensation of pain, and it also lowers your blood pressure.
Stress reduction is something we all look for these days due to work pressure. The scent of eucalyptus is said to help in giving an immediate sense of calm. That is because it has a major component called eucalyptol. When you inhale, the eucalyptol present in eucalyptus is said to decrease anxiety.
Eucalyptus oil is said to provide benefits for those with respiratory conditions. These include asthma, bronchitis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Even those who have sinus feel a sense of relief by inhaling the fragrance as it is said to help in the reduction of inflammation and bacteria. It also helps in clearing all that mucus from nasal passages and also relieves coughs.
How to hang eucalyptus in the shower
You Will Need
- 5 to 10 small branches of eucalyptus leaves
- String or ribbon
- Rubber band
How To Make It
- Gather all the branches and cut the ends.
- Make sure you remove leaves from the bottom of each branch to make space to tie them together.
- Cut a 24 inches long string.
- Now, take the string and wrap it around the stems. Tie all the branches together.
- Tie them all securely and then place on the showerhead but make sure it is not directly under the water stream.
- Replace it when you no longer smell the eucalyptus.
Other Ways To Place In Your Shower Area
If you cannot make a bouquet because it is not that easy to get your hands on these leaves, we are left with a few hacks which may not be as effective but are good too.
- Use a soap bar with eucalyptus oil.
- Buy small sachets with these leaves and place them in your shower.
- A eucalyptus candle would also work but nothing beats the original.
- Use a diffuser with eucalyptus essential oil in your bathroom.
For more such fun hacks to make bath time enjoyable and effective, stay tuned to HerZindagi.