We all want to go out of the box and try new dishes using simple home ingredients. So, we thought of telling you about how you can use wheat flour to make some lip-smacking recipes. Take a look.
Vegan Wheat Flour Baked Samosas
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 5-7 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil Or Ghee
- 250 Grams Of Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas
- Garlic Paste
- 2 Green Chillis
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- Freshly Chopped Coriander Leaves
- A Cupfull Of Vegetable Cooking Oil To Fry Samosas
- First and foremost, we need to prepare the bread dough in which our samosa stuffing will rest. In order to prepare the dough, add 2 full cups of wheat flour followed by 1 teaspoon of salt in a bowl. Now, add 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil or purified butter (ghee) into the mixture and give it a quick stir until a breadcrumb-like consistency is achieved.
- After this, finally, add about one-third cup full of water into the bowl and start kneading. Keep kneading and mixing the ingredients until you get something similar to a thick and stretched dough. Once the bread dough or pastry is prepared, it's time to prepare the samosa filling. To prepare samosa filling, start by boiling about 250 grams of potatoes in a pot over medium flame till they're well cooked. Peel off the skin and chop the potatoes into small pieces of the cube.
- Place the chopped potatoes in a bowl and add about half cupfull of peas into it. Let it rest for a while, in the meantime place a pan on medium flame and heat 2 teaspoons of oil in it.
- Now, add half a teaspoon cumin seeds into the pan followed by some chopped green chilli and ginger paste.
- Stir and cook for a while, then add half teaspoon red chilli powder and half teaspoon of coriander powder. Give things a final stir and saute the mixture until it becomes golden brown, Once it does, add the chopped potatoes-green peas mixture into the pan and cook all of the ingredients together. Mix everything thoroughly, so that the spices are spread evenly in the filling. You may add some freshly chopped coriander leaves into the stuffing as a final touch. Finally, our stuffing is now prepared.
- Now, it's time to fill some stuffing in our dough that we prepared earlier and fry them both together. In order to assemble our samosa, take a small cutout portion from dough make a small rolled ball using your palms. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough in a circular shape then cut it in half using a knife.
- Apply some water on the edges and stitch them together to make a small pocket. Now, add some stuffing inside the pocket and seal all edges tightly. Repeat the process and make 10-12 pieces of these. Finally, Heat some cooking oil in a large pan over high flame, once the oil is heated enough place the uncooked samosa pieces in it. Cook until the outer skin of the dough turns golden brown. Congratulations, our samosa is now ready!
Wheat Flour Gulgulas
- ½ Cup Chopped Bananas Or 1 Small Banana
- 6 Tablespoons Raw Sugar Or White Sugar Or Jaggery
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds (saunf)
- ¼ Teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 8 To 11 Tablespoons Water Or Add As Required
- Oil As Required
- Mash bananas in a bowl and mix sugar in it. Then add fennel seeds, cardamom powder, and salt to this mixture.
- Now add some water to make a batter and make sure it is neither too thick nor too thin.
- Pour oil in a kadai to deep fry the gulgulas. Once the oil comes to a boil, drop spoons full of the batter prepared and deep fry it all.
- You can easily make 8-10 gulgulas at once, also, remember to keep the flame on medium to avoid the overheating and burning of gulgulas.
- Once the gulgulas turn golden brown then flip and the gulgulas are ready.
- ½ Cup Molasses Or ½ Cup Jaggery Dissolved In 3 To 4 Tablespoon Hot Water
- ½ Cup Softened Butter Or 100 grams, Salted Or Unsalted
- 2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Teaspoon Ginger Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Clove Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- ¼ Cup Hot Water
- Grease your baking tray and keep it aside.
- Take half a cup of butter in a bowl along with molasses.
- Then start beating this mixture and after you’re done, keep it aside.
- Next take another bowl and sift wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder, ginger powder and clove and nutmeg.
- After this, mix the molasses mixture with the dry ingredients and blend it all well, fold this into a dough like consistency but do not knead.
- Store the dough for 6-7 hours in the fridge.
- Take it out and then bake at 180 degrees once done, sprinkle some sugar powder over the cookies, and then serve it as the favourite tea-time snack.
Don't miss: 3 Healthy Besan Recipes Best For Weight Loss
For more such amazing recipes stay tuned to Her Zindagi.