Aloo paratha is one of the most popular Indian flatbreads. Stuffed with a flavourful mixture of potatoes, aloo parathas are usually enjoyed for breakfast with a dollop of butter and some curd.
These delicious paranthas are loved by all but making them at home isn't an easy task. Right from the dough to the potato filling to the cooking method, everything needs to be right.
If you wish to enjoy dhaba, restaurant style delicious aloo paranthas at home then we have some easy tips and tricks for you. These will help you prepare perfect aloo parathas at home.
Easy Tips And Tricks To Make Aloo Paratha At Home
How To Knead The Perfect Dough?
- Paratha dough is completely different from regular chapati dough. To make aloo paratha dough, add wheat flour, pinch of salt, some oil and water in a big bowl and start to knead.
- Add some wheat flour and ghee if the dough turns out sticky. The paratha dough should always be soft.
- Keep the dough covered for atleast 15-20 minutes before making parathas.
How To Prepare The Potato Filling?
- Potatoes used in the preparation of aloo parathas should always be boiled. They should not be under or overcooked.
- Mashing the potatoes properly is important as it ensures that the stuffing doesn't come out. There should be no chunks of potatoes in the filling. To ensure that, mash the potatoes properly with your hands or a masher.
How To Cook Aloo Paratha?
- Once you have rolled out the paratha, place it on a hot tawa or non-stick pan. Don't place it on a cold tawa or the paratha can stick to it.
- Cook the paratha on both the sides on medium heat. Cooking on low heat will make your parathas hard.
- Once the paratha starts to cook, use ghee as required.
- Take off flame when you see golden, brown spots on both the sides.
Timeless Tips To Prepare Aloo Paratha
Trick 1 -
You might find it time consuming to make aloo parathas at home but with this easy trick, you can make it in very less time. Instead of preparing the dough and filling seperately, mash the potato filling with the wheat dough. Add all the spices to the dough and make small balls for the paratha.
Roll into paratha and cook as usual. This trick will give you crispier parathas in less time.
Trick 2 -
If your aloo stuffing always falls out, try this one trick. Roll out two equal size rotis from the dough and layer a thin layer of potato between them. Seal from all the sides with your fingers and roll once again. Place on the tawa and cook from both the sides till crisp.
Don't Miss: Prepare Lauki Ka Paratha Easily With This Recipe
Mistakes To Avoid When Making Aloo Paratha
- Never use hot potato filling to make aloo parathas or the stuffing will fall out when you try to roll it.
- Always use fresh potatoes to make parathas at home. Using potatoes which are soggy or boiled days before will not give you good aloo parathas.
- Don't stuff the paratha will excess filling or it will come out when you try to cook it.
- Roll the aloo paratha gently to nsure that the filling reaches every corner instead of just the center of the paratha.
Additional Spices To Enhance Flavour
Other than regular spices like turmeric, red chilli powder and black pepper powder, you can also add additional spices to enhance the flavour of the parathas.
- Sesame Seeds
- Curry Leaves Powder/Paste
- Garam Masala
- Amchur Or Mango Powder
How To Make Perfect Aloo Paratha?
You Will Need:
- 2 Cup Wheat Flour
- 4-5 Boiled Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup - Chopped Coriander
- Salt As Required
- Ghee As Required
- Black Pepper Powder As Required
- Black Chilli Powder As Required
- Kasuri Methi Powder As Required
- In a bowl, add boiled potatoes, all spices and mash well.
- In another bowl, add some wheat flour, oil and salt. Knead the dough.
- Make a ball using the dough.
- Roll it into a thick paratha.
- Add some filling to the center of the paratha and wrap from all the sides.
- Roll gently into a thick paratha and place on the tawa or non-stick pan.
- Cook on both sides on medium flame.
- Serve hot with curd.
We hope these tips help you prepare delicious and crispy aloo parathas at home quickly.
For more such food related tips and tricks, stay tuned!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com