Egg parathas make the best breakfast. They are delicious, packed with energy and filling. Also, eggs are loaded with protein and there is nothing like kick starting your day with a tasty, homemade egg paratha.
If you don't know how to make egg paratha at home, this article is for you. Not just it includes an easy recipe but also tips and tricks which will help you make just the perfect egg parathas at home. Read on.
How To Knead Dough For Egg Paratha?
- Unlike other parathas, for egg paratha, you need a stiff dough. While kneading the dough make sure it isn't too thick or thin.
- You can add a pinch of salt to the dough while kneading it if you want your paratha to taste a little salty.
- Keep the egg paratha dough covered for atleast 10 to 15 minutes.
How To Prepare Egg Paratha Stuffing?
- You can add as many toppings as you want in the stuffing but usually the stuffing includes a mixture of onions, tomatoes, green chillies, garlic. Some other vegetables which can be used in the egg stuffing are capsicum, carrot, peas, bell peppers.
- Always whisk the eggs twice, once after breaking them and once after adding vegetables and spices to them.
- Don't keep the egg mixture prepared ready way beforehand. Prepare it fresh while making your parathas.
Grandma Tips And Tricks
- Always cook egg paratha on low flame or the egg mixture inside the paratha won't cook well.
- The trick to know that the egg inside the paratha has perfectly cooked is that the paratha will start to look fluffy.
Mistakes To Avoid While Making Egg Paratha
- Never cook egg paratha on high flame. This way, your paratha will cook first and the egg inside will remain raw.
- Don't overfill the paratha with the egg mixture.
- Don't use too much dry flour while cooking the egg parathas.
Ingredients To Enhance Flavour
To make your egg parathas more delicious, you can add some special ingredients to it. Some good options can be -
- Chilli Flakes
- Green Chutney
How To Make Egg Paratha?
Ingredients Required -
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Chopped Onion
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1/2 Chopped Tomato
- 1/2 Chopped Green Chilli
- 1-2 Chopped Garlic
- Salt And Black Pepper To Taste
- 1/2 Cup Wheat Flour
- Water To Knead Dough
- Oil Or Butter As Required
- Begin with preparing a dough using wheat flour.
- Add some oil to it and keep adding water as required.
- Knead a stiff dough.
- Let the dough rest for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, break 2 eggs. Whisk.
- Add in chopped onion, tomato, garlic and green chilli. Whisk again.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper as per taste.
- Take a small portion from the dough and roll out in a paratha.
- Place the paratha on the tawa.
- Using a knife, open out one of the layer of the paratha.
- Pour the egg mixture in it and cover the layer.
- Flip on the other side and cook. Cook both sides till golden and crisp.
- Take egg paratha off flame. Serve with tomato ketchup or pickle.
We hope this guide helps you make delicious, street style parathas at home. For more such easy recipe and tricks, stay tuned!