Boiled potatoes or Aloo are the kings of Indian snacks. They can be used in a variety of ways to make delightful treats that appeal to people of all ages. You can play around with these soft and mushy potatoes, and you'll end up with something tasty to eat. We have a number of possibilities for you if you want to make quick snacks using boiled potatoes and simple ingredients in under 10 minutes.
Here are some delectable treats you can make at home with boiled potatoes that will provide you with the most delightful culinary experience. These 10 minute potato recipes will wow your guests and delight your kids.
Potato Wedges are a great snack with a lot of flavour. They're great as an appetiser or as a snack. Homemade wedges are far better than store-bought, and the greatest part is that they don't take long to prepare. Here's a simple recipe for making your own delicious potato wedges at home:
- Cut Boiled potatoes in the shape of wedges.
- Place them on a plate and drizzle some olive oil on it.
- After that, sprinkle chilli flakes, black pepper powder, and cumin powder.
- Let it bake for 5 minutes before serving.
Aloo ki tikki is a mouthwatering dish that everyone enjoys. It's also the base for many meals, including sandwiches, burgers, street food, and chaats. However, it is still delicious when served on its own. It's so tasty that just hearing the name causes digestive juices to flow in your mouth after you've had it. This delectable dish is so good that you should try cooking it at home. Once you've made it, you'll want to make it again and again since it's so yummy and so simple to prepare.
Here is the recipe:
- Begin with mashing potatoes and peas in a bowl.
- Then add salt to taste, cumin powder, amchur powder, chaat masala and lemon juice.
- Add some bread crumbs to it and mix all together.
- Make small tikkis out of them.
- Shallow fry the tikkis until they turn golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve hot!
Cheesy potato is another delight that never disappoints. It's easy to make and the most comforting part about making them is that you don't need to peel the potatoes first. This dish is fantastic for everyday dinners as well as holidays. Here's the recipe to this delicious treat:
- Stir fry chopped boiled potatoes in butter and ginger garlic paste.
- Add grated mozzarella cheese and cook it for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- After that, sprinkle over salt and pepper as per taste.
- Mix together. Serve hot.
You can never go wrong with aloo ki chaat, India's iconic street snack. Its preparation takes little time and always delights the taste buds. You can prepare this dish in no time. Here's how:
- Place chopped boiled potatoes on a plate.
- Sprinkle salt, chilli powder, cumin powder, chaat masala on top.
- Add tamarind chutney, mint chutney and lemon juice over the masalas.
- Now garnish the tasty treat with sev, some pomegranate seeds.
- Serve immediately for best taste.
Mashed potato rings are one of the delights that can amaze any foodie. Made with mashed potatoes and garlic, they're a quick and easy potato snack recipe. It's a delicious evening snack meal that's usually served with a spicy red sauce or schezwan chutney, but you can serve it as it is also and it's taste still won't disappoint.
Take a look at the recipe:
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup sooji, 1/2 cup curd, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp cornflour.
- Then add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp chilli powder, 1/2 tsp chaat masala and 2 mashed potatoes.
- Mix them together and roll out the dough.
- After that cut small rings.
- Deep fry and serve hot!
Honey Glazed Potatoes
Honey glazed potatoes are another delicacy prepared with boiled potatoes. It's a stir-fried potato banchan from Korea that will impress you. It's fantastic! And it's the sticky glaze that really sets them apart.
Here's how to make it:
- In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of butter. Then add 1 cup diced boiled potatoes.
- Stir fry the potatoes.
- Now, add 2 tablespoons of butter. Then add 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper powder.
- Cook for around 8 minutes until glazed.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
- Serve it and enjoy a delightful dish.
I hope you like these recipes and you'll try them at home.
For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org