One reason we love those big burgers at our favourite cafes is that their patties or tikkis are super crispy and delicious. Most of us think it is their secret recipe and we can't ever crack it and make similar crispy patties at home. That's not true!
Just by changing your recipe a little bit and adding some more ingredients can help you get tasty, crisp aloo tikkis at home.
How To Make Crispy Aloo Tikkis At Home?
- Boil the potatoes and cool completely.
- Remove the ski and start to grate them. Make sure there are no chunks.
- Add ginger paste, garam masala, chat masala, red chilli powder, salt as per taste.
- Next add corn flour and bread crumbs.
- Add coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Start mixing all the ingredients.
- Make a dough using the potato mix.
- If the mixture is sticky, add more cornflour.
- Divide the aloo mixture into equal parts.
- Make sure the tikkis are thin or you won't get that crispiness.
- In a kadhai, add ghee and deep fry the aloo tikkis. You can also cook them on a non-stick pan.
- Take off flame and serve.
Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe Card
These aloo tikkis are ready in no-time and make a great evening snack.
- Total Time :
- 40 min
- Preparation Time :
- 10 min
- Cooking Time :
- 30 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Tanya Malik
- 4-5 Potatoes
- Water For Boiling
- 1/4 Tsp Chilli Powder
- Salt As Per Taste
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Paste
- 2-3 Tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves
- 1-2 Tsp Green Chillies
- 1 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 Cup Cornflour
- Step 1
- Boil potatoes and mash when completely cool.
- Step 2
- Add all the spices to the mashes potatoes.
- Step 3
- Next add in coriander leaves, chillies, cornflour and breadcrumbs.
- Step 4
- Mix all the ingredients and make a dough.
- Step 5
- Take small portions and flatten into tikkis.
- Step 6
- Deep fry in hot oil.
- Step 7
- You can enjoy these tikkis as is or stuff them in your homemade, vegetable and cheese loaded burger!