Who does not like mashed potatoes! It is our favourite side dish any time we go to eat an English/All American breakfast! The creamy texture, mild taste yet flavourful after taste, everything about mashed potatoes make us want to keep going back to them!
Not only are mashed potatoes extremely delicious, but they are also very easy to make! With just a few basic ingredients, you can whip up the most flavorful mashed potatoes!
How To Make Mashed Potatoes?
- Peel six potatoes and cut them into one-inch cubes.
- Then add these potatoes to water and place them in a pan. Add a generous amount of salt and let it boil.
- After it has boiled, remove the water and let the potatoes cook for another five minutes to rid them of any extra moisture.
- Take them out and mash them well with a fork.
- Now, put the mashed potatoes into a sieve and sieve them. Do this twice.
- In the mixture you get, add one brick of butter and mix well. Taste test for salt, add more if required.
- Now take a pan and add heavy cream to it. Add some rosemary or any herb of your choice and garlic. Boil it and then strain this into the mashed potatoes.
- Fold it well and you are all set to serve your mashed potatoes!
Mashed Potatoes Recipe Card
Make the creamiest and the smoothest mashed potatoes with this simple recipe!
- Total Time :
- 60 min
- Preparation Time :
- 15 min
- Cooking Time :
- 45 min
- Servings :
- Cooking Level :
- Riddhi Kaushik
- 6 Potatoes
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 4-5 Cloves Of Garlic
- 1 Stem Of Rosemary/ Any Herb Of Your Choice
- Salt To Taste
- Step 1
- Take a pan and add diced potatoes to it. Cut the potatoes at 1 inch.
- Step 2
- Add water to the pan, a generous pinch of salt and bring it to a boil.
- Step 3
- Strain the potatoes and let them cook for another 5 minutes. This will ensure that all the excess water has been released.
- Step 4
- Take the potatoes out and mash them well with the help of a fork.
- Step 5
- Put these mashed potatoes in a sieve and push them through. Do this twice to get the perfectly creamy texture of potatoes.
- Step 6
- To this, add one cup of softened butter. Fold it in. It is safer to use unsalted butter so you can control the salt content in your dish.
- Step 7
- Now, take a pan and add the heavy cream to it. Add the herbs and garlic. Let it heat at a medium flame for 5-10 minutes.
- Step 8
- Strain it and pour the cream little by little on the potatoes.
- Step 9
- Mix well and taste the dish for salt content. Add salt to taste.
- Step 10
- Place a cube of butter on the top and serve!