The Types Of Ayurvedic Massages And Their Benefits
Do you know about the different types of Ayurvedic massages? If not, then read on and find all about them!
Finding your bliss and blending yourselves with peaceful nature, Massage is what you need. The massage therapies are vitiating with herbs and oils for a better experience. It will help you to find your inner peace, keeping away all your tension away. We spoke to Dr. Gaurav Gupta, BAMS, Birla Ayurved who told us about the different types of Ayurvedic massages and their benefits.
Ayurveda, with all the divine nature and quietness of the homegrown oils, has been rectifying the Dosha homeostasis in the body and reestablishing internal harmony for over 5000 years. The rich aromatic oils streaming down your head takes you away from the pressure and distresses of the world, stopping the time totally.
It is a part of a full body massage that is done with medicated hot herbal oil in Dosha as per the patient’s medical condition. During the procedure of massage, pressure is applied on a different pressure point that stimulates energy. This therapy helps the body to get rid of deep-seated toxins and improves blood circulation of the body.
- Calms the nerves
- This massage strengthens muscles, joints, and bones.
- Nourishes the entire body
- Increases circulation
- Assists in elimination of impurities and toxins from the body
- Benefits sleep—better, deeper sleep
- Increases stamina
It is a part of massage wherein warm oil is used as a supplement. In this procedure of massage, the medicated oil is poured into the body. The oil and the massage basically generate heat which causes perspiration that is needed for Vata Dosha stability.
- It helps in removing pain from the joints.
- It improves digestion.
- It helps to improve neurological conditions, especially paralysis, including paraplegia, hemiplegia, and monoplegia.
- It is suitable for people who are suffering from painful conditions and injuries.
The massage in this therapy is given in the form of powder. The Ayurvedic powder massage helps to dry kapha which is heavy and moist.
- It helps in boosting blood circulation and removing toxins.
- It helps in weight loss and removal of excess Kapha Dosha in the body.
- It improves muscle tone.
- It deeply exfoliates the skin.
- It also gives mobility to the joints.
This massage is simply done by the method of silk gloves. It is simultaneously done throughout the body.
- It stimulates lymphatic system which eliminates the toxins.
- It breaks down the fat cells in the body.
- It exfoliates the skin and makes it clean and glowing.
It is a sort of skull kneads wherein a consistent stream of natural or sedated oil is poured on the scalp to invigorate the nerves in the head.
- It relieves headaches.
- It enhances clarity and focus.
- It dismisses mental fatigue.
Ayurveda attempts to accomplish equilibrium and evenness in the body by realigning the chakras. The full-body Ayurveda massage would require almost 60 minutes. Separate oils are utilized for the head and the body. Both are natively constructed Ayurvedic massage oils.
Don't miss:Ayurvedic Methods To Keep Your Skincare Regimen As Natural As Possible
If you liked reading this article then stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more.