Ayurveda is an ancient system that bases treatment on balancing the three doshas. Vata, Pitta & Kapha. And the same goes for skincare too, understanding how one can actually use Ayurvedic methods for switching to a completely natural skincare regimen, we were in conversation with Dr. Gaurav Tripathi, BAMS, Birla Ayurveda who told us everything about the subject. Let us take a look at those methods and try 100% Ayurvedic and natural skincare.
Some Natural Ingredients To Try
- Ayurvedic skincare can include facials, facemasks, and herbal formulations. Ayurveda recommends using natural ingredients for skin moisturization. The requirements of the skin vary according to the skin type.
- Look for Ayurvedic ingredients like Coconut Milk, Essential Oils, Butter, Kokum butter.
- Amla is also known as Indian gooseberry. It is rich in Vitamin c and packed with antioxidants that make it a great anti-aging herb.
- Tulsi is widely known for its medicinal properties. It can also help you fight the visible sense of again such as wrinkles and fine lines. It not only helps in providing nourishments but can also approve the texture of the skin. For all these reasons Tulsi has emerged as a skin-friendly superfood.
- Ashwagandha is famous for its stress-relieving properties but many of us don't know its rejuvenating benefits for skins. Ashwagandha is rich in antioxidants which help to protect your skin against any free radicals. With regular use of Ashwagandha, you can get youthful and glowing skin.
- Haldi (Turmeric) Is truly nature's gift to mankind. From good health to healthy skin you name it and this herb can do it all. The curcumin present in turmeric has anti-aging properties which make your skin look younger. So including turmeric in your diet will not only boost your health but will also give you youthful skin.
- Guduchi has recently gained popularity due to its immunity-boosting properties. It also has anti-inflammatory properties which help revive your skin tissue and fight inflammation.
You can detox your body through unique Panchkarma treatments such as Vaman And Virechan. This helps to eliminate toxins out of your body. Thus your body gets purified blood which helps to maintain skin health.
Some special formulations in Birla Ayurveda such as eczegon, guduchi, turmeric tablets, ashwagandha tablets are helpful for rejuvenating the skin. Birla Ayurveda also introduces ayurvedic moisturizers such as virgin coconut oil for all types of skin. aloe vera body lotion, Kumkumadi Oil, Face Pack, aloe vera gel, and neem tulsi aloe vera facewash.
Enhances beauty, and also provides definite medicinal values
Duration: 50 minutes.
A therapy with ayurvedic oils for the whole body
Duration: 45 minutes.
Total relaxing ritual with a harmonious blend of oil bath therapy
Duration: 100 minutes.
An utterly relaxing facial will soothe your senses
Duration: 45 minutes.
For pigmentations, scars & wrinkles on the face.
Duration: 30 minutes
Ayurvedic Tips for Glowing Skin
Sandalwood and Almond Powder
You Need Three Things:
- 4 Teaspoon of Sandalwood Powder
- 2 Teaspoon of Almond Powder
- 3 Teaspoon of Coconut Oil
- Mix all three ingredients in a bowl to form a smooth paste, apply it to your face & keep it on for 20 Minutes.
- Rinse it well with lukewarm water. You can apply this paste two to three times a week.
So, try these tips, tricks, and methods ad stick to a natural beauty regimen. If you liked reading this article then stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more such expert articles.