In the spiritual world, meditation is considered to be a way to purify the mind, body and soul. It is perhaps a pathway to salvation and supreme achievement. And there are numerous ways and methods of achieving salvation and peace. One such method is Tratak, it is a very powerful meditational tools where the person involved has to fix his vision on a point object like a candle’s flame, a Shiva linga or a black dot on the wall. Shilpa Shetty who is herself a great yoga trainer and is followed by many for fitness and wellness tips, also uploaded a video about Tratak meditation, describing some of its health benefits. So, read this article and find out all that you need to know about her video and the importance benefits of Tratak meditation.
Shilpa Shetty’s Video
Shilpa Shetty posted a video explaining the importance of Tratak meditation and said, “It is an ancient meditation practice that also serves as a kriya or cleansing process for the eyes.” She also captioned the post by writing, “We may not always have the power to change what’s happening around us, but we can definitely control what happens within. That is possible only through Yoga. Give yourself the ability to calm the mind, reduce unwanted thoughts, centre your wandering attention, and improve your focus through Tratak Meditation.”
Some Benefits Of Tratak Meditation By Shilpa Shetty
Increases Concentration Levels
When you sit in a constant position and your job is to stare consciously at a point, then gradually the mind starts becoming more stable and less distracted. Tratak kriya, therefore, teaches us all about training your brain such that it focuses on the things we instruct it to. And once you start doing this kriya regularly then your mind’s potential to do different things increases with your power of concentration.
Fights Sleeping Difficulties
As we said, Tratak meditation helps to train your brain in a way you want it to function. So, if you want to follow a good lifestyle and sleep well(sleeping tips) then you will be able to do so easily. Apart from that, this method is also known to take place in a peaceful atmosphere at further helps put your mind at rest and makes you sleep well.
This meditation is great for your eyes. The longer you are able to focus on a point the better it is for your vision as it strengthens the muscles of the eyes and helps in the purification of your eyes.
In addition to curing the eyes, this method is also beneficial for your overall health. This ancient kriya reduces the tension in the muscles and helps you ease out your anxiety. It further makes your stress go away and helps you in relaxing peacefully.
The Right Way To Do Tratak Kriya
- Start by choosing a peaceful and dark place.
- Then choose the object you’re going to focus on. At first, you can go for a candle then you can start using stars, sun, or moon as the point object.
- So, place a candle near the front of your eyes about 3 meters away from your body.
- Then sit comfortably in front of the light source and make sure to keep your head, neck, and back straight.
- Stare at the light source and try to observe each shade of the candle(how to make your own candles) flame, not letting your mind wander off to different thoughts.
- If your eyes get tired, then close them for a minute and avoid blinking at short intervals.
- After the process is done, wash your eyes with cold water and repeat this kriya once a day for the best benefits.
Were you aware of the benefits of Tratak meditation? Well, if not then we are sure you are excited to try this kriya after reading this article. Stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more.