The celebrity trainer Yasmin Karachiwala is the reason behind the fitness of many Bollywood divas like Alia Bhatt, Deepika Padukone, Katrina Kaif, and many more. The trainer has been quite active on her Instagram handle with sharing a lot of healthy recipes and effective exercises that can be performed using simple equipment at home.
Recently she shared a video showing various exercises using a Swiss ball, “This month I'm focusing on small equipment workouts that can be done easily anywhere. Last week we used The Medicine Ball Workout. Today we're using one of my favorite small equipment’s, The Swiss Ball. It's easily available, online, and super effective.” She wrote.
View this post on Instagram
How To Do Swiss Ball Workout?
Taking a cue from the fitness trainer, we all want to experiment with the different workouts that are not only impactful but are easy to perform too. So here are some Swiss ball exercise variations suggested by none other than the fitness guru herself.
Ball Bridge Curl 20 reps
The Swiss ball bridge curl exercise is challenging that targets the hamstring muscles located at the back of your thigh area. The exercise mostly makes use of your body weight where you need to focus on the balancing of the ball.
- Start by lying down on your back and putting your legs on the Swiss ball with your heels touching the top.
- Keep your feet in a hip apart distance and your arms extended on the floor with palms facing the ground.
- Now gently contract the abdominal muscles with your lower back flat onto the floor.
- Exhale and hold your abdominal contraction while pressing the butts upward, above the ground extending by contracting the glutes. Simultaneously press the back of your calves and heels into the swiss ball to maintain balance.
- Pull your heels towards your butts, raising the hips further from the ground.
- Now maintain a balanced torso and keep it parallel with your upper thigh area.
- Inhale and get back to the neutral position
Ball Push-up - 10-15 Reps
Ball push-ups work on your chest and shoulder muscles and activate twice the number of core muscles as compared to traditional push-ups.
- Lie down on the mat with your stomach facing the floor.
- Putt your front side of your lower legs on the Swiss ball and get into a push-up position.
- Maintain the balance of your legs on the ball and keep your hands on shoulder-apart distance.
- Now perform the push-ups 10 to 15 times.
- Make sure you are not jerking your body while lifting or going down on the floor.
Side Kneeling Leg Circle - 10 Reps Each
- Start with kneeling the left leg on the floor
- Place one hand on the Swiss ball and the other behind the back of your head
- Extend your right leg and lift it to the level of your hip and move it in circles in a clockwise direction.
- Switch the sides and repeat the same with your left leg
Jack Rabbit - 10-15 Reps Each
Jack rabbit is basically imitating a rabbit or frog movement, it targets your core and leg muscles.
- Start with going back to the ball push up position
- Maintain a balance of your legs on the Swiss ball
- Now push your toes towards the hips along with the ball rolling on the floor.
- Try bringing your heels as close to your butt area as possible.
Let us know which one of these exercises is your favorite, share your thoughts on our Facebook page. Stay tuned to Herzindagi for more such stories.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org