With the beginning of the joyous festival of Navratri, also begins the period of fasting. But with all the fasting exhaustion, it's difficult to cook for ourselves. So, we have compiled some easy navratri fast recipes to make it convenient for you.
1. Banana-Walnut Lassi Recipe
In the summer, a glass of cold-cold lassi will rejuvenate not only the body but also the mind. Not only does it fill the stomach, but it also provides a lot of energy. If you've been drinking regular sweet lassi for a long time, try this Banana-Walnut Lassi this Navratri to boost your energy levels. To make it, you'll need-
- 1 Cup yogurt
- 1/2 Banana
- 3-4 Walnuts
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- In a blender, add yogurt, walnuts, banana, honey and sugar.
- Blend it till smooth and creamy.
- Transfer it to a glass and garnish the lassi with chopped walnuts.
You can keep it in the fridge and serve it chilled for even more delicious taste.
2. Kuttu Ka Paratha Recipe
Kuttu ka paratha is a filling meal that will provide you great taste and much needed energy. The recipe for this delicious, nutty flavored kuttu paratha is,
- 1 Cup kuttu atta
- 1 cup singhare ka atta
- 1/4 kg boiled colocasia,
- 1 tsp sendha namak
- Dry flour
- Combine the two types of flour, as well as the colocasia, and knead into a soft, malleable dough with the water. Colocasia is used to bind the dough and can be increased or decreased depending on the desired consistency.
- Cover the dough and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Start the process of making parathas. You can make it on a non-stick pan if you prefer less ghee, though it may become a little dry then.
Don't miss: Tips To Make Fasting Easier During Navratri
3. Kuttu Dosa Recipe
Generally, only buckwheat flour (Kuttu ka atta) is used in Navratri. Most of the people make puris, parathas and pakodes from it. But eating so much fried food for 9 days of fasting is not good for your health. So this time try something new with kuttu ka atta and make this tasty Kuttu dosa. To make it, you need-
For Potato Filling:
- 3 boiled potatoes,
- Ghee (for frying)
- Sendha Salt
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp chopped ginger
For the Dosa:
- 5 tbsp kuttu (buckwheat flour kuttu)
- 2 tbsp boiled arbi (colocasia),
- sendha salt
- 1/2 tsp ajwain
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped green chillies
- 1/2 tsp chopped green chillies
For the Potato filling:
- Heat ghee in a pan and crush the potatoes into it. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Toss the potato mixture around for a few minutes till it becomes light brown in colour.
- Take it out and keep aside.
- In a bowl, mash arbi and mix it with flour and salt.
- Add some water and mix well.
- Add the ajwain, red chilli powder, ginger and green chillies and mix again.
- Keep adding water and stirring in one direction till the batter turns into a smooth flowing consistency.
- Heat a flat pan, dab a bit of ghee on it, pour a ladle of the batter and spread it.
- Cook for a few minutes and spread more ghee around the edges to make it crisp.
- Now flip it over and cook the other side.
- Now put some filling on top and fold the dosa over it. Serve the delicious dosa.
4. Fruit Raita Recipe
Yogurt is one such thing that not only keeps the body cool but it is very good for your gut health as well. Along with this, it keeps your stomach full for a long time and also gives energy. With this, when the qualities of fruits are mixed, it becomes even more better. To make it you need-
- 1/4th cup Grapes
- 3-4 tbsp Pomegranate seeds- 3-4 tbsp
- Mango- 1/4th cup (small pieces)
- Pineapple- 1/4th cup (small pieces)
- 1.5 cup Yogurt/hung curd
- 1/2 tbsp Roasted jeera powder
- Black Salt- 1-2 tbsp
- 1/2 tbsp Black pepper powder
- Honey (optional)
- Take the yogurt in a bowl.
- Add black salt, roasted jeera powder and black pepper powder and whip well. Make sure it's a smooth creamy paste. Add some honey if needed.
- Add all the fruits and mix. Keep in the fridge for at least an hour.Your chilled mixed fruit raita is ready to be served!
Enjoy the festival. Happy Navratri!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org