Exfoliating your skin is so important, it helps you remove all the dead cells from your skin and gives you a clear and flawless face. Our skin has many layers and the outer layers are exposed to dust, dirt, polluted air and harmful rays of the sun. We need to keep cleaning our skin regularly to ensure it is healthy from within. If not already then you should make scrubbing or exfoliating a part of your beauty regime. This step helps in clearing off all the dead layers from your skin and makes it super clean.
Now, there are numerous brands offering scrubs but it is best to stick to natural ingerdients when it comes to your skin. With this article, we tell you how you can scrub your face with besan or gram flour. Yes, besan is great for your skin! Here are some benefits of using it:
1. Besan or gram flour helps in removing tan from your skin. It lightens your skin and makes it appear glowing.
2. Besan is an amazing ingredient for oily skin as it helps in reducing oiliness.
3. Gram flour helps in fighting pimples, it clears pimples from your face.
4. Besan has exfoliating properties and works as a natural scrub. It helps you clean dry skin cells and leaves you with soft and smooth skin.
5. If you have facial hair then besan can help you clear those fine, unwanted facial hair.
6. Blackheads and whiteheads are a common skin issue and besan helps in getting rid of them.
7. Gram flour has anti-ageing properties and it helps in reducing the appearance of signs like wrinkles, fine lines.
Besan And Oatmeal Scrub
To prepare this scrub, mix 2 tbsp of besan with 2 tsp of oatmeal powder. Mix well and then add honey and lemon juice to it. Wet your face and then apply the scrub on your face. Gently massage the mix. This mixture will help you clean all the oiliness from your face. It will cleanse your pores and make your skin appear glowing!
Besan And Milk
Besan and milk work together to remove all the dirt and dead skin cells from your face. Take 2 tsp of gram flour, 1 tsp of milk and 1 tsp of grounded oats. Mix all the ingredients well and then gently scrub your skin. You can use this scrub on your body too.
Besan And Turmeric
This face scrub can be used to remove those unwanted facial hair. Mix 1 tbsp of turmeric with besan and water. Apply the paste on your face and start scrubbing it gently. Keep using water when you think the paste has dried. Wash with cool water.
Recently, I had a quick chat with actress Aahana Kumra and she shared the besan ubtan she uses, it works like a scrub too. She shared, "I have always used ubtan on my face which I prepare using besan, malai, milk, turmeric and Sarson ka tel. I just put that on for a bit, leave it for some time and then scrub it off."
Besan or gram flour has some amazing benefits for your skin. Using these homemade face scrubs can be an easy way for you to make it a part of your beauty routine. Do try these scrubs and share the results with us. For more such beauty stories, stay tuned!