Widely used in the Indian kitchen, turmeric, also called king of spices, is beneficial in many ways. The presence of curcumin, a bioactive element, has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. From healing burns and cuts to controlling the process of ageing, the spice is high for its uses.
Here is list of how you can use turmeric for different purposes:
1. Anti-aging Curcumin, a major component of turmeric, has strong antioxidant properties that inhibits free radical production, and hence controls ageing by protecting cells from damage. Turmeric also helps stimulate new cell growth.
2. Turmeric not only fights pimples and breakouts, but regular use can also clear acne scars and inflammation.
3. Turmeric has been used by generations because of its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. It heals wounds and helps in keeping infections at bay.
4. Turmeric lessens the oil secretion by the sebaceous glands and helps in keeping infections at bay.
Read more :- Getting Natural Rosy Cheeks Is No More A Struggle
5. There are a number of face masks that could be prepared at home using turmeric: Exfoliation face scrub: Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with water, milk or yoghurt to form a paste. Gently scrub paste on the damp face in circular strokes. Rinse with cool water. It will gently exfoliate blackheads, soften skin and tighten pores.
6. Make a glowing face mask: Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon honey and milk to form a paste. Put it on the face and leave the mask for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse with cool water scrubbing gently to remove, once dry. It will improve skin texture, diminish wrinkles and even out skin tone.
7. Turmeric constituent, curcumin can prevent fat accumulation in the adipose tissues. It modulate the metabolic activities in the white adipose tissues that prevent angiogenesis. This lowers the process of fat accumulation. Also, turmeric along with sulphur can prevent fat deposition and improve the lipid profile of blood and liver in over-weight individuals.