Diwali is a festival of fun and frolic which brings with it; immense happiness, joy and laughter. However, it also brings along indulgence of various heavy oily fried foods and sweets. It is important to enjoy the festivities but it is also important to come back to a healthy diet and routine as quickly as possible. After a fun chat with the expert health coach Preety Tyagi here we have a few pointers that will help you detoxify yourself post Diwali.
- Start your day with a lukewarm glass of detoxification water, such as lime water or Apple Cider Vinegar water or ginger water, cinnamon water etc. This will help you kickstart your day on a healthy note.
- Include lot of vegetables in your diet. Vegetables can be consumed in any form, cooked, raw, as salads or freshly squeezed juices or smoothies. This will ensure enough roughage in your diet and will bring your digestive tract to a good state of cleanse. Vegetables will also provide essential vitamins and minerals that are required to carry on the detoxification in the body, in a healthy manner.
- Consume a glass of lukewarm water before every meal. This will enhance the PH balance of your stomach enzymes and will help your body carry out the process of digestion in best way.
- Since the festive season has provided us with enough sweets, it's finally time to reduce the sugar intake in your diet, especially while on a detox.
- Avoid consuming any coffee or tea while you are detoxing yourself.
- Include a daily physical activity, workout in your routine. Its important to perspire and release toxins from your body.
- While you are detoxifying your body through digestive system, also, detoxify your mind, by only thinking of positive thoughts, meeting positive people, indulging in positive books. Avoid negativity as much as possible.
Preety Tyagi is a certified Health Coach from Institute of Intergative Nutrition, New York. She is the recipient of Distinguished Service Award and Sashakth Nari Samman from government And recipient of Smart Global City Entrepeneur Award. She is also the Wellness Ambassador for Fortis Escorts. If you love articles like these then stay to to HerZindagi for more.