Gemology is a science just like others which outlines the study of gemstones, their radiations, their cosmic energies and much more. Therefore, gemologists can define which gemstones can stay together and which cannot. Certain gemstones when worn together can exhibit extremely negative energies leading to adverse effects on your lives. On the other hand, there are also some gemstones which when worn together can work wonders for your life.
Here is a list of these by Pankaj Khanna, astrologer, Founder and MD at Gem Selections, to help you know better about which stones to wear together and which ones to avoid.
Gemstones To Avoid Wearing Together
Rahu and Ketu are two planets, the elements of which cannot be intertwined together. Hence, hessonite and cat’s eye which resonate the two planets Rahu and Ketu, respectively cannot be worn together. Here are some other gemstones that should be strictly not worn together.
- Never wear a Ruby in the same product which contains garnet, sapphire, diamond, or a cat's eye.
- Do not make the mistake of combining moon with Rahu and Ketu, hence do not wear pearls, moonstone, opal with quartz.
- Do not combine the stones of Jupiter with the elements of Venus and Mercury. Hence avoid wearing diamonds with yellow sapphires and emerald stones.
- Do not wear pearls, corals, and rubies with blue sapphires. These are Saturnian stones that cannot be combined with the stones of the sun and moon and Mars.
- Do not wear pearl and rubies together i.e. do not combine the energies of the moon and sun.
- Do not combine Venus with Moon and the Sun. Hence do not wear diamonds with ruby and pearls.
- Do not combine cat’s eye (the element of Ketu) with crystals and stones that relate to Sun and Moon.
- Do not wear red corals with transparent green and blue gemstones since this will create a harmful combination of Mars, the Sun and Mercury.
Why Should They Not Be Worn Together?
Here are some other simpler things that you need to understand about not combining certain elements of the earth which exhibit harmful energies when they come together such as-
- Water and Air together create negative energy
- Water and Fire are opposite elements and hence destroy each other
- Earth and Fire have opposite energies and hence give rise to conflict.
Which Gemstones Can Be Worn Together?
Now that we have understood which gemstones cannot be worn together, let us also see what gemstones can be worn together:
- Ruby can be worn with emeralds, Italian red coral online, yellow sapphires, and pearls.
- Pearls are highly compatible with rubies and corals.
- It is good to wear diamonds with blue sapphires, emeralds, and grenades.
- Blue sapphire and cat’s eye can also be worn together.
While the above suggest the general compatibility rule, remember your constellations and energies are specific to you and hence getting advice from a renowned and trusted astrologer or gemologist is always good. You can also study gemology to understand more about why the energies of certain gemstones attract or repel each other.
Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more on gemstones and astrology.