bodyIt is the season of carrots and not only are these super healthy but they also make the perfect ingredient for superbly tasty dishes.So, without much ado, let us take a look at some of the most amazing recipes that you can try with carrots. Here’s more
A healthy and moist cake made with carrots and other exotic ingredients. Take a look at the recipe here:
- 4 Cups Whole-Wheat Flour
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 4 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 4 Teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Cup + 4 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cup Castor Sugar
- 2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 8 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 6 Cup Grated Carrots
- 1⁄2 Cup Crushed Walnuts + More To Decorate 1⁄2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- Zest Of 2 Oranges
- Start by preheating the oven at 180 degrees and then line the baking containers(8 inches) with parchment papers.
- Then in a bowl, mix together orange zest, flour, baking powder, and baking soda along with the cinnamon powder.
- Next, take a different bowl and add vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla essence, and sugar and beat nicely for about 5-6 minutes.
- Now, fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and do not over mix.
- Then add grated carrots, cranberries, and walnuts to it.
- Give it a good mix and then transfer this batter to the lined containers and bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Once the cake is baked, let it cool down, then top with cream cheese frosting on the first cake.
- Put the second cake on top of it and add more frosting, garnish with walnuts, and decorate.
Fried carrots are another dish that will compel you to lick your fingers. The zesty dish is super easy to prepare, so take a look.
- 2 - 3 Medium Carrots
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoon Butter
- Salt And Pepper
- Peel the carrots and cut out 1/4 inch round slices out of them.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large deep pan on low to medium heat.
- Then add the carrot slices to the pan and fry them for about 8 minutes, make sure they are not getting burnt, after some time the sugar from the carrots will start caramalising which will give it some brown spots.
- Now turn and fry the other side of the carrots(carrot juice benefits for pregnanacy) and you’ll be done.
- Just take it out from the pan and let the oil soak in the paper towel, garnish with salt and pepper, and there you go!
Just like hasselback potatoes, you can also prepare hasselback carrots and they are super tasty. Take a look at the recipe.
- 1 kg Large Carrots
- Olive Oil
- 1 Bulb Of Garlic
- 4 Fresh Or Dried Bay Leaves
- 4 Clementines
- 50g Unsalted Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Runny Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. And take the carrots, peel them and trim their ends.
- Now to create the hassels at the back, place the carrot on the table, and at 0.5 cm cut the carrots length-wise. Do this for all the carrots.
- Then place the carrots in a roasting tray and sprinkle olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper over it.
- Place the bulb of garlic in each of the tray and the bay leaves along with it, cover this with aluminium foil and bake for 1 hour, then remove the foil and take another round of cooking for about 20 minutes.
- To make the glaze, zest the clementines and squeeze all the juice from it.
- Then melt some butter(hacks to try with butter) and mix it with the juice, along with honey and vinegar. Then take out the carrots and glaze them covering all of them. Then for the last time bake in the oven at 180 degrees and serve hot.
If you liked reading this article then stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more such pieces.