Diwali is just a few weeks away and I'm sure your week must be jam packed. In between all the hustle, it is difficult to think about what you should make for the festival. So, here are some easy recipes that you can make quickly and trust me, all your guests will just love it.
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Fresh Basil (Chopped)
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- 4 Medium Tomatoes (Diced)
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 1 Loaf French Bread (Cut Into 24 Pieces)
- Take a large bowl, put oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and toss gently.
- Sprinkle some cheese.
- Refrigerate it for 1 hour.
- Now, toast the bread until lightly brown.
- Top it with the tomato mixture and serve.
- 100 Gm Fresh Corn Kernels
- 40 Gm Peanuts
- 40 Gm Chana dal
- 30 Gm Refined Flour
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 1 Chopped Tomato
- 10 Gm Chopped Coriander
- 2 Chopped Green Chilli
- 1 Squeezed Lemon
- Chaat Masala
- 5 Gm Red Chilli Powder
- Start with pat drying the corn.
- Then, coat these with a mixture of corn flour and refined flour.
- Deep fry these for a few minutes.
- Now, take a large bowl and put in corn, lentils, chopped onions, tomatoes, green chillies, peanuts and the masala. Mix well.
- Season it with coriander leaves and lemon juice. Your corn chaat is ready to be served.
- 2 Cups Soya
- 2 Tsp Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Paste
- 1/4 Onion
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder
- Start by soaking the soya chunks in water.
- Then, add garlic paste, red chilli powder, salt, and vinegar. black pepper powder, coriander powder and soya in a mixer grinder. Grind these.
- Let it be for 5 to 10 minutes.
- After waiting for 10 minutes, shape the soya mixture like a kebab.
- Now, heat some oil in a pan and cook the kebabs. Cook it from both sides until golden brown.
- Your soya cutlets are now ready to be served.
Bread Pizza Pocket
- 1 Tsp Butter
- 1 Clove Garlic (Finely Chopped)
- 1/2 Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Carrot (Finely Chopped)
- 3 Tsp Sweet Corn
- 1/2 Capsicum (Finely Chopped)
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Pizza Sauce
- 4 Olives
- 1 Tsp Jalapeno
- 1/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 9 Bread Slices
- Water To Seal
- Oil For Frying
- Take a large pan and heat 1 tsp butter. Now, saute garlic and onions.
- Now, add 1 carrot, 3 tbsp Sweet Corn, 1/2 Capsicum and 1/4 Tsp Salt.
- Stir fry these on a high flame until the vegetables are cooked well.
- Now, add 3 Tbsp pizza sauce and mix well.
- Transfer to a bowl and let it cool down.
- Now, add olives, jalapenos and mozzarella cheese. Mix it well.
- Now, take the bread slices and trim off the edges. Roll it to make it thin.
- Now, add the stuffing and seal it tightly.
- Then, heat the oil and deep fry it on medium flame. Preheat the oven and bake it at 180 degree celsius for 15-20 minutes.
- Now, your pizza is ready to be served with the choice of your dip.
- 6 Regular Sized Idlis
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Capsicum
- 1 Tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Green Chilli
- 3/4 Cup Tomato
- 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Pav Bhaji masala
- 2 Tbsp Water
- 1/2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Leaves (Finely Chopped)
- Start by cutting the idlis into 6 pieces each.
- Now, heat some oil in a pan. Add onion and capsicum. Sprinkle salt.
- Mix well and let it cook till the onions become soft and light pink in colour.
- Now, add green chillies and garlic paste. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and mix well.
- While it's getting cooked, mash it with a spatula.
- Now, add water and mix.
- Now, add salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and pav bhaji masala. Mix well and let it cook for another minute.
- Now, add chopped idlis. Mix well to coat each idli with the masala.
- Now, squeeze some lemon juice and add coriander leaves. Stir well.
- Now, your masala idli is ready to be served.
For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!