Diwali brings a lot of happiness. People dress up in festive attire, meet people, exchange gifts as well as make dinner plans. And if you're the one hosting the special Diwali dinner, we've got you covered. We've put up a list of dinner ideas and recipes that are sure to impress your guests and your loved once.
1. Kadai Paneer
Kadai Paneer has one of the easiest recipe and tastiest flavour. Follow this recipe to enjoy a lip smacking taste.
- 1 cup Paneer
- 2 Onions cubed
- 3 Chopped tomatoes
- 1 Capsicum cubed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 slit Green chillies
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt for taste
- 1/4 tsp Kasoori methi
- 3 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- In a pan, heat the oil and add the coriander seeds to temper it. You can either crush it or add it whole.
- After that, add the ginger and give a good fry.
- Add the chopped onion and slit green chilies and sauté until the onion turns translucent.
- Now, add chopped tomatoes, followed by the salt.
- Add all of the powders (chilli, coriander seeds, garam masala, and turmeric) in the pan.
- Fry until the tomatoes are soft and gooey. Cook till the oil starts to drip out, then add the cubed capsicum and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the paneer cubes (keep the paneer cubes in hot water for sometime before using it). Now, crush the kasoori methi within your palms and add it to the preparation.
- Next, add 1/2 cup water and mix well.Cook until the masala has thoroughly coated the paneer and the gravy has thickened to the point of being almost dry. But not much dry. Make sure to have enough gravy.
- Finally, add in the chopped coriander leaves and transfer to a serving dish.
2. Tandoori Garlic Naan
Serve the delicious Kadai Paneer with even more tasty Tandoori Garlic Naan
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Cup Wheat flour
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 5-6 Chopped garlic
- 3 Chopped green chillies
- Combine wheat flour with salt, oil and knead a dough.
- Allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
- In a small katori, add butter and heat it on low flame. To this add ginger, chillies and chopped garlic.
- Take one part of your dough and roll it out.
- Make sure to cover the entire base of roti with prepared butter mixture.
- Now, roll the roti once more and close it.
- Then bake the tandoori garlic roti in a heated pan. Serve with your main curry dish!
3. Veg. Pulao
Give dinner treat the right way with delectable veg. Pulao
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup grated onions
- 1 tsp garlic-ginger paste
- 2 cups finely choppedmixed veggies
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup almost boiled rice
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- Add the onions, garlic, and ginger paste to the pan and cook until the onions are translucent. Cook till golden brown.
- Now, add the vegetables, stir fry over low heat till half done.
- Add coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, salt, chilli powder and green chillies.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, covered. Then mix in the lemon juice and half the coriander.
- The water by now should be absorbed. Now, remove half the veggies and layer with half the rice.
- Now, cover with rest of the vegetable mixture and then rice again.
- Leave it over low heat for 10 minutes, covered and garnish it with coriander leaves. Veg. Pulao will be now ready to be served.
4. Coconut Rasmalai
Prepare the most loved dessert, Rasmalai with an addition of tasty coconut using this easy recipe.
- 2.5 Litre Milk
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Corn Flour
- 2-3 tbsp Condensed Milk
- 12-13 Kesar strands
- 2-3 Crushed green cardamom
- Pistachio flakes
- Almond flakes
- Coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp Malai
- 1/2 cup Coconut Malai
- Boil one litre milk in a pan, once it starts thickening a little; add some sugar, cardamom, condensed milk, some nuts and kesar strands.
- Let it boil until it reduces to little in quantity.
- Now, In a grinder, mix malai, coconut malai, a few spoonful of milk and blend
- Add coconut malai mixture to the milk and boil it for another 5 mins, then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- In a separate pan, bring 1.5 litres milk to a boil, then add the lemon juice and let it curdle.
- Strain all excess water and remove the chenna on a flat surface.
- Add in a small amount of corn flour and knead this dough until it becomes soft and smooth.
- Make small flat balls out of the dough and let it sit for sometime.
- Now, In a pan add 2 cups water, 1 cup sugar and all the chenna balls. Make sure there is some space between them and they don’t over crowd the pan.
- Allow 10 minutes for the chenna balls to soak in the sugar syrup.
- Remove the chenna balls from the sugar syrup and dip them in the ras that has been prepared.
- Allow this to chill for 2-4 hours, garnish with remaining nuts and serve.
5. Iced Jaljeera
Prepare some refreshing drinks for everyone that they all will love.
- 125 Gram Tamarind pulp
- 3 tbsp Mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp roasted Ground cumin
- 50 gram grated Jaggery
- 4 tsp Black salt
- 1 tbsp Ginger salt
- 3-4 tbsp Lemon juice
- A pinch of Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 litre Water
- Add all the ingredients in a food processor and blend them together.
- Let it chill overnight. Then strain and freeze it.
- Next, garnish the drink with some boondis and serve.
Use ingredients according to your requirement, depending on people you need to serve.
For more such recipes and tips, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com