If we talk of kitchen appliances, this one is essential. We can't really function without a mixer and grinder jar. From grinding spices to making chutneys, a mixer grinder makes it all so easy. No?
How often do you clean your mixer and grinder? This is one kitchen appliance which is used almost everyday but we often forget to clean it timely. This can lead to unwanted smells and stains which can get difficult to remove.
Here, we thought of bringing you some easy tips that can help you clean your kitchen appliance. Read on.
This one is the easiest hack to clean your mixer and grinder. All you need is some vinegar which is a common kitchen ingredient. Mix 2 tbsp of vinegar with water and mix well. Pour this concoction in the mixer jar and mix for a few seconds. This will not only help you remove the stubborn stains but also the smell. This can be repeated once or twice a month.
Try Lemon Peels
Don't ever throw away lemon peels. They have multiple benefits and one of them is that they can help you remove any dirt or odour from your mixer and grinder jar. Wash the mixer grinder jar under running water and then rub lemon peel over its surface. Keep for a few minutes and then wash with normal water.
Make Baking Powder Paste
Another common kitchen ingredient, baking powder can help clean the mixer and grinder jar properly and also remove any odour from it. In a bowl, add some baking powder and mix with water to make a thick paste. Apply this paste all over the outer and inner surface of your mixer and grinder jar. Leave it for a few minutes and then wash.
Wash It With Liquid Detergent
Just some liquid detergent can help you take away all the odour and stain from the mixer and grinder jar. Dilute some liquid detergent with water and mix well. Pour it in the jar and run it for a few seconds. Next, wash it thoroughly with water.
Alcohol is another great hack to clean your mixer and grinder jar. In a bowl, mix some alcohol and water. Pour this in the mixer jar and keep it for a few minutes. Wash the mixer jar with normal water. This will help remove the pungent smell from the jar.
Mixer Grinder Maintenance Tips
Here are some quick tips which will further help you maintain your kitchen appliance.
- Make sure that you are using the appliance on an even surface.
- While using the mixer grinder, make sure you have kept it in a dry area or there can be a risk of electric shock.
- All the ingredients that you mix or grind in the jar should be at room temperature or it can damage the motor.
- Never use the appliance at full speed immediately after switching it on. Always begin at the lowest speed and gradually increase the speed.
- After using the jar, make sure you always clean it well, dry it and then store it in a dry place.
- Check the blade before adding any ingredients to the jar to ensure any interruption.
- It is best to use accessories or parts of the same brand to avoid any issues.
Do follow these tips and tricks to keep your mixer and grinder jar clean. These tips can also be used to clean other kitchen appliances but make sure you read the instructions of the appliance before using any of these home remedies. For more such cleaning tips and tricks, stay tuned to HerZindagi.