Kids usually don't like eating the corners of the bread. Therefore, they often get wasted. However, instead of throwing these away, here are some ways to use them for minimal food wastage. Read on to know about some recipes made with leftover bread sides.
- Leftover Bread Sides
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Dried Herbs
- Cut the breadsides into cubes.
- Now, preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lay your bread side cubes on a baking sheet and drizzle some olive oil. Season with salt, garlic powder, dry herbs and pepper.
- Toss it gently to coat evenly.
- Drizzle some more olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Let it cool down and store in the freezer in a zip lock bag for later use.
- 2 Cups Bread Crumbs Of Leftover Bread Sides
- 1 Cup Maida
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1/4th Cup Tutti Frutti
- Take bread crumbs. Add maida, powdered sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add milk slowly and keep mixing.
- Add melted butter, vanilla essence and tutti frutti. Mix well.
- Pour the cake batter in a greased tin.
- Bake it in a preheated oven.
- After it is baked, let it cool down for a bit.
- Your cake is now ready to be served.
- 1 Cup Sides Of Bread
- 1 Tomato (Chopped)
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 Piece Ginger
- 1 Tsp Urad Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 Tsp Hing
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1/4 Tsp Haldi
- 1/2 Tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Black Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
- 1 Tsp Red Chilli Sauce
- 1 Tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1-2 Tsp Oil/Butter
Don't Miss: 3 Easy Recipes With Leftover Juice Pulp
- Chop the sides and the veggies.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add curry leaves, hing, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chillies. ginger and urad dal. Saute for a minute.
- Add onion and cook until it is soft.
- Add tomatoes and cook for a bit.
- Add all the spices and mix well.
- Now, add all the sauces. Mash the tomatoes well.
- Add 1-2 tbsp water.
- Add bread pieces and mix well.
- Bread upma is now ready to be served.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com