Many women face Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) due to several mistakes that we make without realising the seriousness of it in the Summer season. If you are on the same boat then let's take a look at what mistakes cause it and how can we prevent the same and have healthy feminine hygiene. If you too have to face UTI problems in the summer, then some of your mistakes can be responsible for this, let's know which is the mistake.
UTI is a normal problem occurring in women nowadays. But it happens in the summer because most women in this season do not take liquid as much as the body needs. This problem is caused by not properly cleaning the private parts. Other than this using public toilet which is not cleaned frequently can increase the risk.
UTI infection affects the urine path, which gives you a burning sensation every time you go to the loo. Other symptoms include fever and frequent urine. The infection can occur anywhere in your urine path, kidney, bladder, ureter, urethra etc.
Mistakes That Cause UTI
- Keep urine for long.
- Less intake of liquids especially water.
- Excessive intake of coffee and wine.
- Bad hygiene during periods.
- Not cleaning private parts every time you pee.
- Long-term use of the same pad.
Symptoms of UTI
- Frequent having to go to the toilet.
- Burning sensation every time you pee.
- Changes in colour of urine.
- Pain while passing the stool.
- Bleeding while passing stool.
- Acute pain in the lower abdomen.
- Feeling very cold and feverish.
- Major back pains.
- Fatigue and dizziness.
UTI Protection Tips
- It is important that you drink a lot of water as it gets rid of the bacteria in your bladder.
- You can sip on lemon water and coconut water as well.
- Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
- Apart from this, it is very important to include citrus fruits in your diet.
- Apart from this, cranberry juice and onions are also good.
- Keep in mind the importance of maintaining feminine hygiene and do not wear a single pad for a prolonged period.