Turmeric Milk is a drink that has been used in Ayurveda as a means to heal human body and has many health benefits. This bright yellow drink is made with warm milk and turmeric. Sometimes almonds and other spices such as cinnamon and ginger are also added to it. It has many health benefits and often used as an alternative remedy to boost immunity and remove illness.
In a conversation with Preety Tyagi; Certified Health Coach, she told us that Turmeric Milk is highly recommended and beneficial to be had during this monsoon, fall season. It is extremely beneficial in boosting our immune system and keeping us away from all the side effects of this beautiful season. We all love the rains and the breezy season after a long, hectic summer. But we also hate, the diseases, infections and health issues that it brings with it. Use turmeric milk to your rescue, to prevent yourself from all the side effects of this monsoon season.
Turmeric Milk Is Like A Magic Potion Which Has Multiple Health Benefits
Turmeric Milk Has Antibacterial, Antiviral And Anti Fungal Properties
Turmeric milk has many antiviral, antibacterial and anti fungal properties which makes it a great remedy against commons colds, cough and flus. In fact, it is touted for its immune-boosting properties so much that it’s best to be had to prevent yourself from any viruses and bacteria’s. Their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that strengthens your immune system and keeps you away from all the illnesses which are extremely common during monsoon.
Turmeric Milk Improves Digestion
Monsoon season is also the season to eat all the yummy and deep fried foods such as pakoras, papari chaat, tikki and samosas etc. It takes a toll on one’s digestive health and can lead to severe digestive health issues such as indigestion, heart burn, constipation, nausea etc.
Ginger and turmeric, two ingredients in turmeric milk and may help relieve indigestion. Turmeric may also help relieve symptoms in people with ulcerative colitis.
Monsoon season can be a season of restrictive mobility and sedentary lifestyle, which can lead to severe pressure on our mental health. Feeling unwell, unhappy, lacking positive energy, having mood swings are all that can happen during this time. Having turmeric milk, uplifts your mood and can reduce feelings of depression and anxiety It appears that turmeric — more specifically its active compound Curcumin which helps in boosting mood and reducing the symptoms of depression.
Turmeric Milk Also Has The Following Health Benefits
- Protects against cardio vascular and heart diseases.
- Lowers Blood sugar levels and prevents diabetes.
- Curcumin, the active component in turmeric, has been used in Ayurvedic medicine since forever and is known for its strong antioxidant properties. Antioxidants are compounds that fight cell damage and wear tear of tissues in the body, protecting your body from oxidative stress. A diet rich in antioxidants is known to take care of cell damage in the body and hence, leaves us looking younger also. It’s excellent for women to keep themselves healthy and for its anti aging properties also.
- The turmeric milk has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and is known to keep women’s reproductive health at its best. The inflammation in the female body can lead to major hormonal imbalances and can cause a havoc to the reproductive health, causing issues of irregular periods and even infertility. Having turmeric milk, balanced the tapa and kafa of our body and makes the hormones and reproductive health strong.
- Also; milk is rich in calcium and Vitamin D and is essential for women to include in their diet, especially after 30s.
Preety Tyagi is a certified Health Coach from Institute of Integrative Nutrition, New York. She is the recipient of Distinguished Service Award and Sashakth Nari samman from Government and recipient of Smart Global City Entrepreneur award. She is also the Wellness Ambassador for Fortis Escorts. Stay tuned for more educational that are healthy for your mind and body.
For more such health related stories from the expert, stay tuned to HerZindagi.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org