Everyone surely wants to be tall. However, not everyone can be as tall as they would like to be. There can be several reasons for this. One of the major reasons for this is genetics. Therefore, you can't do anything about this.
However, we have something for you if you want to increase your height. Himalayan Siddha Grand Master Akshar says, "asanas like Chakrasana, Dhanurasana and Padahastasana can help you achieve the height that you have always wanted."
This might have come as good news to you but remember this is not for everyone. This is because as your teenage years end, your height also stops to increase permanently. Therefore, this is only beneficial for the people below the age of 20.
Along with this, you have to keep in mind that the age differs from person to person. A person's height might stop increasing at the age of 16 while another person might grow till the age of 19. However, there is no harm in trying these asanas as they can only provide benefits.
Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
- Begin by lying down on your stomach
- Bend your knees and hold your ankles with your palms
- Have a strong grip
- Lift your legs and arms as high as you can
- Look up and hold the posture for a while
Padahastasana (Hand to Foot Pose)
- Begin by standing in Samasthiti
- Exhale and gently bend your upper body down from the hips and touch your nose to your knees
- Place palms on either side of feet
- As a beginner, you can bend your knees slightly, rest your stomach on your thighs and place your fingertips or palms down.
- With practice, slowly straighten your knees and try to touch your chest to your thighs
- Begin in Dandasana stretching your legs out forward
- You can keep your knees slightly bent
- Reach your arms up and keep your spine straight
- Exhale as you bend forward from the hip
- Hold your big toes with your fingers
Don't Miss: Expert Talks All About The Yogic State
Grand Master Akshar also says, "You can follow these asanas holding each yoga pose for 10-15 seconds." These asanas not only help you to increase your height but also have several other benefits. Therefore, even if you are past the age of 20, these asanas should be followed by you.
For best results, make it a daily routine to practice these asanas. Aforementioned hold each pose for at least 10-15 minutes if you want to see results. Don't just start off by too much as this might cause extreme stress on your body causing injuries.
Don't Miss: Expert Shares The Benefits of Kapalbhati
Therefore, start slow and gradually increase. This way you will see the results soon.