Fennel seeds or saunf, have various health benefits and have the calibre to treat various ailments. This is good and mostly used as a form of mouth fresheners and to add a fragrant flavour curries, rice-dishes and sweets. Saunf is your best friend when you have congestion, asthma, diabetes, stomach gas and other digestive issues as well. But, did you know that it is amazing for losing weight as well?
Fennel Seeds For Burning Body Fat
Image courtesy: Shutterstock
- Between breakfast and lunch, take eight grams of powder of fennel seeds and you will feel more full and satisfied. You will end up eating 10 per cent fewer calories for lunch.
- Fennel is an amazing source of fibre, which prevents you from cravings and overeating. This leads to lesser calorie consumption, resulting in weight loss.
- Fennel seeds will help reduce fat storage by improving nutrient absorption in the body.
- Of you drink fennel tea, it will help increase urine flow and remove toxins from the body, which may contribute to weight loss.
- These magical seeds help in kick-starting your metabolism. A healthy metabolism is the key to losing weight in a healthy way.
- High on antioxidants like phosphorus, selenium, zinc, manganese, choline, beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthin, saunf will protect your body against free radicals that are known to cause oxidative stress. This stress in the body can lead to obesity and diabetes-like conditions.
- The seeds aid in blood purification. Fennel seed water clears out excess uric acid in the bloodstream and breaks down bile. It promotes digestion of fats in the liver as well.
- The water helps in detoxifying. It flushes out the toxins in the blood stream via the kidneys.
- This water can help you keep alert and awake. It gives you enough motivation to get up and exercise.
Here is How you can prepare fennel tea and fennel seed water:
Take one teaspoon of fennel seeds and add them in hot water. Make sure you do not boil them as boiling may kill most of its nutrients. Cover and let it rest for few minutes and then drink it three times a day. You will get a light yellow infusion.
- Boil some water and toss in the fennel seeds and immediately switch off the heat.
- Cover the pot with a lid and allow tea to cool to room temperature.
- Once it cools, your fennel water is ready!