Even if you don't have an elaborate skincare routine, there is one thing you shouldn't skip at all, and it's moisturising your body. Moisturising your body is important to prevent it from drying and looking dull. One of the easiest ways to do it is by applying a body cream.
Body creams are available in a wide variety and you can pick any one for yourself as per your skin type and needs. However, if you are a fan of DIYs then here we have an easy body cream recipe for you.
This rose body cream can be prepared at home using a few ingredients. You can store it for longer use or even prepare it in larger quantities to pack and gift it to your dear ones.
Let's quickly take you through the recipe.
How To Make Rose Body Cream?
You Will Need
- 1/2 Cup Shea Butter
- Rose Petals Or Rose Water
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- Soak rose petals overnight in water to make homemade rose water. You can also take ready-made rose water.
- Transfer shea butter to a pan and heat till it melts.
- Take off flame and let it cool a little.
- Add in coconut oil and mix well.
- Keep this mixture in the refrigerator till it solidifies.
- Transfer the solid to a blender and add rose water as required to get a thick, creamy consistency.
- Take out the cream in a jar. Your homemade rose body cream is ready.
It can be stored in an air-tight container for 2-3 months.
Benefits Of Using Rose Body Cream
- Rose petals have anti-bacterial and astringent properties which keep your skin soft and hydrated during these hot summers.
- The anti-inflammatory properties of rose petals make it highly beneficial for this hot season because it soothes redness and irritation in the skin.
- Rose water helps balance the moisture in the skin. It also controls excess oil production.
- The antioxidants present in rose water help prevent ageing of the skin.
- Almost all creams have shea butter as a common ingredient present in them. Why? It is a great moisturiser for your skin. It works as a protective layer on the skin, it helps retain water.
- Packed with ingredients like vitamin A and E, shea butter can help soothe your skin if you have sunburns, dry patches.
- If you have sensitive skin then this homemade rose body cream will work wonders for you. Shea butter is suitable for sensitive skin, it prevents itchiness and irritation.
- The fatty acids present in coconut oil help reduce dryness and allows the skin to retain its natural moisture.
- Applying coconut oil to your skin works like a protective barrier. It doesn't let environmental factors like dust, dirt reach your skin.
- If you have sensitive skin then coconut oil is a great ingredient for your skin. It prevents irritation or redness.
- The antioxidants present in coconut oil prevent the skin from ageing.
Overall, using this homemade body cream will help you keep your skin soft, moisturised, and youthful.
Make sure you do a patch test of this homemade body cream on your hand before using it to prevent any skin allergies. Share your DIY experience with us on our Facebook page and for more such beauty DIYs, stay tuned to HerZindagi.