Tired of applying chemical ridden beauty products on your face and body? Switch to homemade products and give your beauty regime a healthy spin. Shea butter is not only known to moisturise skin but also makes it soft and supple. Extracted from the nuts of the shea tree, this body butter is full of fatty oils and vitamins. Read on and make your own shea butter lotions and creams at home.
Body lotion is an absolute essential to keep your arms and legs moisturised. Prepare one at home by using shea butter and some other basic ingredients.
Ingredients required: Shea butter, almond oil and peppermint essential oil
Steps to make the lotion:
- Step 1- Start by taking 5-6 tbsp of shea butter in a glass bowl.
- Step 2- Place a pan half filled with water on flame and drop in your glass bowl gently. Make sure the bowl floats on water and does not sink inside.
- Step 3- Let the shea butter melt. Stir 2-3 times in between.
- Step 4- Now, remove it from the stove and let it cool down for a while.
- Step 5- Add 3-4 drops of peppermint oil and 1 tbsp of almond oil in it.
- Step 6- Whisk everything together, so that all the ingredients are combined well.
- Step 7- Transfer it to a glass jar and store in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Your minty body lotion is ready for use. You can scoop out a dollop whenever you wish to use it.
Ditch your chemical ridden face creams and switch to natural ones. Make one for yourself at home, which will not only moisturise your face but also nourish it.
Ingredients required: Shea butter, vitamin E oil capsule, tea tree essential oil and jojoba oil.
Steps to make the face cream:
- Step 1- Use the above method, also known as the double-boiler method to melt your shea butter.
- Step 2- Now squeeze out the vitamin E oil from the capsule, into the bowl of melted butter.
- Step 3- Add 5-6 drops of tea tree oil in it.
- Step 4- Now pour 1 tbsp of jojoba oil in the bowl. You can also use almond oil, apricot oil or olive oil for the same purpose.
- Step 5- Whisk everything together to form a fluffy mixture.
- Step 6- Pour into a glass container and let it cool down completely.
Voila! Your nourishing face cream is ready for use.
Smell ethereal the whole day with this homemade moisturiser, which not only lock moisture in your skin but also provide the goodness of shea butter.
Ingredients required: Shea butter, aloe vera gel, lavender essential oil and coconut oil.
Steps to make the moisturiser:
- Step 1- Melt 5-6 tbsp of shea butter in a bowl, using the above given technique and let it cool down a bit.
- Step 2- Now add 3 tbsp aloe vera gel in it along with 1 tbsp coconut oil. Don’t use more than one tbsp of coconut oil, as it can make your moisturiser oily.
- Step 3- Add 4-5 drops of lavender essential oil to the bowl.
- Step 4- Mix everything properly, until all the ingredients are combined.
- Step 5- Pour into a glass jar and keep in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
You can easily use this moisturiser for one month and have that supple and smooth skin.
So, try these amazing recipes and make your own moisturising creams at home. They will provide your body the much-need nourishment in the most natural way possible.
For more such beauty and skincare tips, stay tuned to HerZindagi.com