Holi 2022: How To Prep Your Hair For The Festival Of Colours
Precaution is better than cure, therefore it is better to take measures to protect your hair before Holi.
Holi is a vibrant festival of colours that is celebrated by the people of India. With so many celebrations and festive vibes all around, it's easy to forget that Holi can be harsh on skin and hair. The colours used during the festival are often high in chemical content and can be particularly harsh on our bodies. Like our skin, Holi colours are harmful to our hair and scalp as it causes dryness, split ends, irritation, and itchy scalp that led to severe hair issues. The best we can do is take some preventive measures for our hair before jumping into celebrations, stay mindful during the Holi revelry and take care of the tresses after it.
There are several methods for protecting hair from the attack of strong Holi colours. Today we are all well-informed and educated to take several protective steps from spoiling hair due to Holi colours. However, here are some hair care regimes shared by Streax Professional’s Zonal Technical Manager, Mr. Sameer Hamdare (hair expert) to follow before getting into the fun-filled festival of colours.
Protect Your Hair Before Stepping Out For Holi Celebrations
This is a very uncommon method though works best if you follow. Wash your hair with a nourishing shampoo to hydrate and moisturise the locks, apply a nourishing and hydrating conditioner post shampooing and a leave-in conditioner in the hair then tie it up in a bun. After these steps go out to play Holi. The conditioner acts as a barrier preserving the hair from harsh colours.
If you have taken chemical treatments for hair like keratin, botox or smoothening etc. then it’s advisable to shampoo your hair and use a hydrating and nourishing hair conditioner before playing Holi. You can also opt for hair oils such as coconut or olive oil and massage it all over your head, this will work well and protect your chemically treated hair from fading its effect.
Don't Miss:Holi 2022: Tips To Prevent Skin And Hair Damage From Colours
Precautions To Take While Playing Holi
- Use organic Holi colours that are free of chemicals
- Play dry Holi using organic Holi powder because it is kinder, that can be easily brushed off
- Apply a leave-in conditioner to the entire head of hair
- Massage coconut oil or any other traditional oil onto your chemically treated hair while you play Holi
Don't Miss:How To Protect Your Skin From Redness & Breakout During Holi
Removing The Harsh Holi Colours From The Hair
- After playing Holi, rinse your hair with normal water to remove the majority of the colour
- Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner to wash your hair right away
- Apply a nourishing pack to your hair and scalp thoroughly
- Allow it to sit for 30 minutes before rinsing with a mild shampoo and warm water
So, now that you know how to care for your hair, go ahead, let your hair down and enjoy the festival of colours with your loved ones. Have a happy and safe Holi!