Pigmentation is one of the most common issues women face these days. For those who don't know, pigmentation is a skin disorder that changes the colour of your skin.
Hyperpigmentation is a skin issue where your skin starts to darken. Both pigmentation and hyperpigmentation are common skin disorders that are usually caused due to an increase in melanin in the skin. Other common factors behind this skin issue are excess skin exposure, ageing skin, hormonal imbalance among others.
Pigmentation is usually harmless and can be treated at home using natural ingredients. Do you know potato or aloo can be used to treat this skin issue?
Potatoes For Pigmentation
One of the most commonly used vegetables in Indian kitchens, potatoes can work like magic for pigmented skin. Potatoes have anti-pigmentation properties and can help remove the dark spots. Potatoes have an enzyme called catecholase which helps in brightening the skin and removes pigmentation.
What Does The Expert Say?
World-renowned Dermatologist and Aesthetic Physician, Founder, and Director of ILAMED, Dr. Ajay Rana shared that potato has anti-pigmentation properties which help treat pigmented skin.
How To Use Potato In Your Skincare Routine?
If you suffer from pigmentation, you should make potatoes a part of your skincare routine. An easy way to do it is by preparing potato cubes for your face. These can be prepared using just 2 ingredients.
How To Make Potato Cubes?
- 1 Raw Potato
- 1 Cup Rice Water
- Peel the potato, cut it into small pieces and grind. Squeeze out the potato juice and keep it aside.
- Soak 1 cup rice in water overnight. Strain the water and keep it in a container. Rice water is believed to be great for the skin. It is a common ingredient in the preparation of many Korean skincare products because of its amazing benefits for the skin. Rice water can help fade hyperpigmentation and brighten the skin complexion.
- In a bowl, add potato juice and rice water. Mix well.
- Pour this mix on an ice tray and place it in the freezer till the cubes are set.
- Use one cube on your face and neck everyday. You can cover it in a cloth and then use it on the face if you have sensitive skin.
Though these potato cubes are natural and should not have any side effects, it is best you do a patch test on your hand and then use it on your face to prevent any skin issues.
Benefits Of Using Potatoes For Skin
Not just pigmentation, potatoes can be helpful in treating a lot of your other skin issues. Potatoes are packed with the goodness of nutrients like iron, calcium, copper, potassium, phytonutrients among others that can do wonders for your skin.
Anti Ageing Properties
Potatoes are a good source of vitamins A, B, C which are all essential for a young-looking skin. Ditch all those anti-ageing creams and switch to potatoes right away. You can massage your face with potato cube everyday for younger-looking skin.
Acne is another common skin issue we face and they are caused due to skin inflammation. Potatoes have anti-inflammatory properties which remove toxins from the skin and give your healthy, acne-free skin.
Dryness can lead to a lot of skin issues. Potato juice has hydrating properties. It helps moisturise your skin and prevents issues like eczema among others.
If you try using these potato cubes for your pigmentation, don't forget to share your experience with us on our Facebook page. For more such beauty-related stories, stay tuned!