“Practise good personal hygiene. Wash your hands before you eat. Be aware of good clean water and food sources”, - James Wright. There are hundreds of soaps available in the market. however, finding one soap that gives you 100 percent protection from germs is a tedious task to do. So, to save you from going through all that pain, here we have mentioned 2 easy ways to prepare liquid soaps at home. These handwashes will not only protect you from germs but will also help you save a few bucks. So, scroll on!
Liquid Hand Wash
Image Credit: encrypted-tbn0.gstatic
- ½ cup of finely grated bar soap(learn how to make bar soap)
- 1/4 cup of water
What To Do
- Grate or finely chop a bar of soap. You can also use a food processor or knife to grate it.
- Pour water into a saucepan and bring it to a boil. Then, turn off the heat and add your soap flakes.
- Stir it constantly until soap dissolves into the water. At this point, the mixture will be in a liquid form.
- Allow the mixture to cool for at least 15 minutes. Then, stir it again. The mixture will get slightly thicker now.
- Keep it aside and let it cool for 7-8 hours.
- Stir to check the consistency. If it seems too thin, reheat it and add more soap to it. If it seems too thick, reheat it and add more water.
- An optional step for a super smooth consistency: Run your finished liquid soap through a blender or use an immersion blender before pouring it into your soap dispensers.
- If you are satisfied with the consistency, pour it into soap dispensers and enjoy!
Essential Oil Liquid Soap
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of liquid castile soap
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 4 drops of lemon essential oil
- 7 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops of Tea tree essential oil
What To Do
- Place water and liquid soap in a glass container with a spout. Mix together until blended.
- Add all the oils and blend them.
- Pour the mixture into a soap dispenser.
So, what kind of hand wash do you want for your family? If you enjoyed reading this article, stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such content!