From dandruff to hair fall, there is a long list of hair issues that we all face. Well, losing our hair is the biggest nightmare for anyone. We all want our tresses to be healthy.
However, none of us are blessed with just the perfect hair. Every woman suffers from some hair issue or the other. Two of the most common hair problems are hair fall and hair thinning. These are two different hair issues but a lot of women consider these are just the same. Let's tell you that they aren't.
Hair fall and hair thinning are two different hair problems, have different causes and remedies. Here, we thought of taking you the difference between hair fall and hair thinning. Read on.
Hair fall is common, as per a study, humans lose 50-100 hair per day. However, your hair not growing back is a sign that you are suffering from hair loss/hair fall.
Signs Of Hair Fall
Some come signs and symptoms of hair fall are bald spots, hair getting loose from the roots, hair thinning on the sides among others.
Common Causes Of Hair Fall
Any woman can suffer from hair fall and the reason can be any among the following:
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Scalp Infection
- Hereditary Hair Loss
- Doing Tight Hairstyles
- Using Wrong Hair Care Products
- Certain Medications
Treating Hair Fall
- There are some common home remedies that can help you treat hair fall. Read on.
- Intaking a good amount of vitamins into your daily diet can help treat any deficiencies in your body and help in hair growth.
- Massaging your hair scalp with nourishing oils like coconut, almond oil can help make your hair roots strong and prevent hair fall.
- Onion juice is believed to be super healthy for hair. Applying onion juice directly to the roots helps in hair regrowth.
- Natural ingredients like henna, curry leaves, hibiscus flowers, Indian gooseberry, or amla are also helpful in hair growth. They can be applied to your hair in the form of hair oil or hair pack.
- Excessive hair fall can be controlled using medications, make sure you consult a doctor if the problem persists. Other hair fall treatments are hair transplant surgery or laser therapy.
Hair thinning is when your natural hair starts to lose its thickness. The loss of volume is referred to as hair thinning.
Signs Of Hair Thinning
A receding hair line, less hair in the crown area, and on the sides are some common signs that your hair is thinning out.
Don't Miss: Most Effective Hacks To Try For Hair Loss
Common Causes Of Hair Thinning
A lot of women suffer from hair thinning and some common causes are:
- Vitamin D Deficiency
- Hormonal Changes
- Scalp Infection
Treating Hair Thinning
Hair thinning can be treated at home. Here have a look at some treatments/remedies.
- Massaging your scalp is one of the best ways to grow new hair. Massaging your scalp with your fingertips helps increase blood circulation which further helps hair growth.
- Using hair care products that are hair thinning can help. However, make sure you check the ingredients list. They should be chemical-free.
- Intaking multivitamins can help in restoring any deficiency in your body.
However, if your continue to see your hair thin out, make sure you see a doctor.
For more such hair-related articles, stay tuned!