Do you know onions are great for our hair health? One of the most consumed vegetables in the country, onions are packed with sulfur, vitamins which makes them great for your hair health. Onions help in strengthening your hair follicles, prevent hair fall and hair thinning among other hair problems. To enjoy the goodness of onions for your hair, one of the best ways of using it is by applying onion oil. Onion oil is not easily available in the market but you can always make it at home and the process is very easy. Using this onion oil regularly helps you make your hair strong and thick. Read on to know how to make onion oil at home.
How To Make Onion Oil?
First, take onions to make onion juice. Using a grinder or juice maker, take out the onion juice. If not juice, you can take onion paste to prepare the oil.
Now in a pan, add coconut oil and add onion juice/paste in the oil. Mix well. Remove from flame and let it cool. Using a strainer, strain the oil and store in a container. You can use this oil for 6 months.
Onion oil has some amazing benefits for your hair. Read on:
1. Onion oil conditions your hair deeply. It is great for dry hair. Dry hair tends to break more and using onion oil on the scalp prevents hair breakage. Dryness also leads to dandruff and regular applying of onion oil will prevent dandruff. If you don't have time to keep onion oil on your hair for long then don't worry, even if you apply this oil on your hair before you go for shampoo, it will work as a conditioner for your hair and smoothen your hair.
2. By improving blood circulation in your scalp, onion oil helps you in achieving strong and thick hair.
3. Onion oil may smell bad but it has some amazing benefits. You will have to wash your hair well to wash off all the oil from your hair.
4. If you have dull hair then using onion oil will help you get smooth and shiny hair.
5. Using onion oil regularly on your hair helps in new hair growth. Onion oil prevents bacterial infections and this keeps your hair healthy.
Hair fall is a major hair issue today and we all have been looking for that one remedy that really works for us. Onion oil will help you deal with this problem if you follow it religiously. For more beauty-related stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi.