Do you try to hide your under-eye bags every morning before heading out, or try to look more fresh instead of looking sleep-deprived? If yes, you have landed on the right page. We often spend up a lot of time looking at a bright screen or crying which leads to puffy eyes. However, applying these DIY cucumber eye masks will help you get rid of them.
Cucumbers are laden with several vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for our health. Right from preventing cardiovascular problems in fighting cancer, this green veggie can work wonders on our health. Packed with thiamine, riboflavin, Vitamin B6, calcium and magnesium, cucumbers are also considered as one of the most effective beauty ingredients for taking care of the eyes. Scroll on to find out more about it.
Cucumber is packed with caffeic and ascorbic acid, which helps bring down the water retention rate, diminishing the puffiness around the eyes. Cut thin cucumber slices and place them on your eyes for 10 minutes.
Several studies have shown that cucumber has a high percentage of water which can help hydrate the skin around our eyes. This in turn also helps in reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
Cucumber is loaded with phytochemicals that aid in the production of collagen, which helps fight cellulite and keep your skin young.
Reduces Dark Circles
If you are feeling like a raccoon lately and looking for a natural way to get rid of dark circles, here comes cucumber to your rescue. Cucumbers are loaded with antioxidants and silica which can help you get rid of dark circles.
How To Use It
1. Grate half a cucumber and add a few drops of vitamin E oil in it. Then, add one tsp of aloe vera gel and mix well. Apply this mixture underneath the eyes and let it sit for around 15-20 minutes. Wash it off with normal water and pat dry.
2. Simply, mix 1 tbsp of unflavoured gelatin with 1 tbsp of cucumber juice and 1 tsp warm water. Add a few drops of lavender essential oil and pour the mixture on a sheet of butter paper. Spread out the mixture with the help of a spoon and let it cool down. Cut the gel pads in semicircles and place them underneath your eyes. Leave it on for around 15-20 minutes.
3. Grind half a cucumber and add a few drops of lavender oil or chamomile oil to it. Then add a tsp of honey to it and mix it until you get the desired consistency. Apply the pack under your eyes and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Wash off with normal water and pat dry.
4. Cut thin slices of cucumber and soak them in diluted lemon juice for 3-5 minutes. Place them on your eyes for a couple of minutes to get rid of droopy eyes.
5. Grate half a cucumber and add a few drops of almond oil to it. Apply it under your eyes and let it sit for 10 minutes before washing it off. Repeat this once a week for effective results.
Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such articles.