One of the most commonly binged on snacks, peanuts are super tasty and healthy! Also known as 'mungfali' or 'singdana' in India, peanuts are widely used in homes in different forms. These nuts are easily available all across the nation, throughout the year. Just like other nuts, peanuts too have some great properties and consuming them is great for your health. Here is why you should be consuming peanuts:
1. Peanuts contain mono-unsaturated fatty acids which lower bad cholesterol in the body and increase good cholesterol which further improves your overall health.
2. Peanuts are rich in fiber which help in removing toxins from the body. These toxins are the main cause behind dullness and too much oil on your face. Eating peanuts helps you flush out all these wastes from your body and give you a healthy skin.
3. Your body needs essential vitamins and minerals to function properly. Peanuts contain vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B6, vitamin B9, potassium, copper, calcium, magnesium, iron.
4. Rich in magnesium, peanuts improve the blood flow process to the skin. A good blood circulation to the skin helps you get a youthful look.
5. Peanuts are rich in vitamin C which helps in the production of collagen and this collagen provides your skin the much-needed elasticity and firmness. Eating peanuts helps you reduce signs of aging like wrinkles.
6. Peanuts are great for your hair. They contain high levels of omega 3 fatty acids which makes your hair stronger from the roots.
7. Full of monounsaturated fats, peanuts are great for your heart health. These fats are really helpful in improving blood flow to your heart. Eating peanuts helps you reduce the risk of heart-related diseases like heart attacks.
8. Studies suggest that eating peanuts helps in reducing the risk of health issues like diabetes, blood pressure, gallbladder diseases, and some cancers.
9. Peanuts contain manganese which promotes calcium absorption and fats in the body and this further helps in regulating the blood sugar level.
10. Tryptophan in peanuts helps in the release of serotonin in the body and this chemical further helps in fighting with depression.
11. Peanuts are you go to snack to maintain weight! Some studies suggest that eating peanuts helps your weight.
12. With high concentration of antioxidants, peanuts reduce the risk of stomach cancer. Eating peanuts regularly helps you fight stomach cancer.
13. Loaded with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, peanuts are great for your body. They provide your body with great energy. You can snack on some peanuts whenever you feel low on energy.
How to add peanuts to your diet?
Peanuts can be munched roasted or you can even try boiled peanuts. Boiled peanuts are tasty and healthy. They work great as your diet food. You can also consume peanut in the form of peanut butter on your bread toast and you are good to go! Peanut oil is also used extensively across India for cooking. Flour obtained after processing peanuts is also used for cooking and baking.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org