Mother Nature has gifted us with an abundance of natural resources that we can use in various ways to make our lives easy. This includes different types of food items that we consume to stay healthy and robust. Garlic among them is a versatile staple. It is a superfood that is being used for ages for its medicinal values. However, almost all of us consume it by peeling off its skin. While there is nothing wrong with just using the inner part of it, one should not even toss away garlic’s peel right away in the dustbin, as it can highly beneficial and can be used in various ways. Some of those are:
Add garlic Skin In Rice & Soup
There are many who are not a big fan of directly consuming garlic chunks in their dishes. They can instead just add a subtle flavour of garlic by adding leftover garlic skin in recipes like soup or rice.
- All you need to do is store leftover garlic skin in a jar and the next time you prepare soup, boil the skin first and then skim it off.
- Then prepare your soup as usual. Use the same process to prepare flavourful pulao dish or garlic fried rice.
Garlic Skin Helps With Itchy Skin
Garlic (benefits of eating raw garlic) s not just an amazing food item but also an element that keep viruses and bacteria at bay. Due to its anti-fungal properties, it is likely to give you quick relief from itchy and infected skin. Since it is not always a wise idea to use chemical-infused ointments on your sensitive skin, a natural ingredient like garlic can come handy.
- Store garlic skin in a spray bottle and add water in it.
- Allow the solution to mix naturally for 2-3 days.
- Once done, spray it on your skin to get rid of itchiness and bad odour.
Prepare Tasty Garlic Bread
We all love savouring yummy garlic bread with our pasta, pizzas (Indian style pasta recipe) and other Italian dishes. Why waste your hard-earned money on buying 2-3 pieces of them from outside, when you can prepare them at home in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Collect at least a half bowl of garlic skin and roast on a pan. Add ½ tablespoon or butter and oregano.
- Allow it to cook for 1-2 minutes, then add bread slices.
- Cook well both sides and your garlic bread is ready to serve.
Garlic Skin For Compost Pile
If you are someone who is into gardening and love to grow your supplies all by yourself, we have a great idea for you to make your soil richer. There's a lot of vitamin A, C and antioxidants in garlic. All of these nutrients can help to add up to the quality of your soil. All you need to do is keep adding garlic skin in your compost. Once the compost pile is ready, mix it with your soil and enjoy healthy supplies.
Garlic Skin Water For Hair
As discussed earlier, garlic is packed with antibacterial properties. Therefore, it can help in keeping fungal infections and other hair problems away from you. Garlic is effective in killing germs and bacteria, which causes damage to the scalp, further hampering hair growth.
- To protect your hair, boil a half bowl of garlic skin in 1 cup of water. Once done, allow it to cool.
- Shampoo your hair as usual. Towards the end, pour the garlic water on your head, so that the water the can reach until the end of the hair strand.
- Remove excessive water and wrap your hair in a towel. This will make your hair soft and protected.
If you liked this article, do comment on our Facebook page. Stay tuned to HerZindagi to read more such stories.
Picture Courtesy: Freepik