Glue stains are very stubborn stains that do not go easily but can get on any surface and tarnish their entire look.
Therefore, it is important that you be very careful with glue or other adhesive products because they tend to stick on most of the surfaces and don’t leave soon. And we are sure there might be quite a few objects in your abode that are stained with glue. So, don’t worry because with the right tools and tips you will be able to bid the glue stains farewell. Therefore, keep reading and find out how to remove the tough glue stains from different surfaces.
Removing Glue From Metals
- In order to remove glue stains from metals just starts by giving the surface a good clean with water and cloth.
- Dip a cotton ball in acetone or nail polish remover. Keep the cotton ball over the stained area and then gradually wipe it all off.
- This will dissolve all the glue and will get it off the surface. If the glue still remains then you can try this one more time.
- Then try scrapping the residue with a razor blade carefully or go for a stronger base like hydrogen peroxide instead of acetone and if the metal surface is painted then butane lighter liquid will do the trick.
Removing Glue From Plastic
- Start by cleaning the stained surface with water and a cloth.
- Then pour or dab some vegetable oil over the area to dissolve and a scrap of the glue remains easily.
- Let the vegetable oil stay in for a while and then wipe it clean with a cloth. You may also try vinegar if the stain is very tough.
Removing Glue From Glass
- To remove glue from a glass surface a combination of chemicals and a manual method would work for you.
- Apply petroleum jelly, vinegar, or vegetable oil to dissolve the glue particles and try removing them by scrapping them with a cloth piece.
- Alternatively, you can soak the glass in warm water and by the method of varying temperature, the glue stain will be removed.
- If this also doesn’t work experiment with acetone after trying it on the glass first to check whether the liquids will not ruin the glass.
Removing Glue Stains From Fabrics
- First, scrape off as much glue as you can from the top of the fabric(fabrics to avoid if you have sensitive skin).
- Then fill water in a bucket and soak the fabric in cold water, this will help in loosening the threads and might also dissolve some of the glue.
- After a few hours of soaking apply liquid detergent on the glue stain and scrub the region with a toothbrush.
- Wash the fabric with warm water and the stain will be out. However, if the stain is very stubborn, then you can use a cotton ball dipped in acetone to remove the leftover glue particles.
- Then lastly, wash the fabric in a warm cycle and you will be done!
Removing Glue Stains From Leather
- Leather(leather shoe care) is a very delicate surface that must not be severely scrapped off.
- However, you can start by gently removing the glue residue using your nails and if this doesn’t work for you then make a soap and warm water solution and soak a sponge in it.
- Keep the sponge over the stain and soak the glue with suds.
- Once that is done, gently pull off the sponge and wipe clean the surface.
So, use these tricks to remove glue stains from the different household items. Stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org