Missi Roti is a traditional Indian flat bread which is not just extremely delicious but also very healthy. Made with wheat flour, these rotis are an absolute treat. Missi Roti, which is one of the most preferred choices in restaurants, can also be prepared at home perfectly with the right method. Here is a step-by-step instruction with tips for making perfect missi roti. Make some tasty missi roti at home and satisfy your taste buds.
How To Make Perfect Dough?
- 3/4 cup Whole-wheat Flour
- 1 Finely chopped Onion
- 1 Chopped Green Chilli
- 1/3 tsp carom seeds
- 2 tbsp Thick curd
- 1/4 tsp Dry mango powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine gram flour, finely chopped onion, whole-wheat flour, chopped green chilli, thick curd, dry mango powder, 2 teaspoons oil, carom seeds, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, and salt.
- Using hands, mix all the ingredients.
- Add water little by little and knead to make a smooth and soft paratha dough.
- Cover with a muslin cloth and set aside for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- After 15 minutes, with 1 tsp oil, grease the dough and knead a little again.
How To Make Perfect Roti?
- 1/2 cup dry wheat flour
- Next, lightly grease your hands with a little amount of oil and divide the dough into 8 equal sections, shaping them into round balls.
- Take each dough ball and flatten it slightly by pressing it between your palms or on a rolling board to form a pattie-like shape.
- In a dish, place 1/2 cup dry wheat flour for dusting. Place one dough ball on a rolling board and coat it well with dry wheat flour.
- Using a rolling pin, roll it out into slightly thick disc-shaped rotis.
- Then heat a pan over medium heat. When it is heated enough, set one roti disc on it and cook until little bubbles appear on the top surface.
- Reduce the flame to low and flip it over. Spread 1/2 teaspoon ghee on the surface with a spatula and cook for a minute. Flip it once again and turn the flame to medium.
- Spread ghee evenly on the other side of roti and heat for 30 seconds. Repeat the flipping and cooking steps.
- Once done, place the roti on a plate and make more rotis using the same steps.
- Hot and tasty Missi rotis are ready to delight your taste buds.
Tips And Tricks:
- To see if the roti is cooked, turn it over 1-2 times until golden brown spots show evenly on both sides. This indicates whether the roti is cooked or not.
- Adjust chillies as per your preference. Missi roti tastes best when prepared slightly spicy.
- Missi roti is traditionally roasted with ghee.
I hope you liked this food school recipe. If you did, do share your thoughts with us by commenting on our Facebook or Instagram pages.
For more such stories, stay tuned to HerZindagi!
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org