With cooking becoming a major stress buster and time utiliser amid the lockdown last year, many kids as well had come on board to make something. But cooking with kids has to be under parental guidance with many precautions. It is an activity which even the kids enjoy when all the members in the house do it together. If your child wants to try something then here are a few recipes which can easily be tried at home with your help. They are summer-appropriate and do not involve the stove as such.
Frozen Yogurt Fruit Bites
This is an egg-free, gluten-free and nut-free recipe.
- 150 Gms Whole Milk Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Berries
- Take a bowl and mash the berries and yogurt but do not make it very smooth.
- Take the silicone molds and fill them with the batter with a spoon or spatula.
- Try getting rid of any air bubbles.
- Now place the molds in the freezer and let them be for 6 hours.
- Your pops are ready!
Strawberry & Marshmallow Skewers
This dish is egg free.
- A Few Strawberries
- Some marshmallows
- Cinnamon Churros Cut Into Small Pieces
- Chocolate Syrup
- Clean the berries and semi roast the marshmallows.
- Take a skewer stick and arrange them with the churros like in the picture above
- Drizzle some chocolate syrup and serve chilled.
- Pack Of Nachos
- Baked Beans
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- A Cup Of Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- Arrange the tortilla chips on a platter.
- Layer all the ingredients on them as you like it and top off with a leaf of coriander.
- Serve fresh
Whole Wheat Pizza Bagels
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Italian Herbs
- 6 Mini Atta Bagels
- 3/4 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat your oven and meanwhile take a bowl and mix in the sauce and herbs.
- On a cookie sheet, place the bagels and coat each with the sauce, and sprinkle some cheese on all.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then let them cool down a bit before serving.
Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such fun activities to do with kids.