Not just you and me, even our children love nachos and what we have are some easy to make nachos recipes which will need some readily available ingredients. Here are some recipes from the kitchen of Cornitos. We hope your children like them. Serve it with some fresh lemon drinks and you are good to go! And we have also shared a bonus recipe in the end for the non-vegetarian lovers!
- Cheese & herbs flavour nachos crisps
- 100 g boiled kidney beans
- 2 chopped onion
- 10 g crushed ginger
- 10 g chopped green chilli
- 20 g green coriander
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 2 sliced jalapeno chillies
- Cheese dip
- 10g dried basil
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- Prepare a mixture by mixing all ingredients and season it well.
- Arrange cheese & herbs flavour nachos crisps on a platter by stuffing the mixture prepared between two crisps.
- Serve it with salsa and enchilada.
Savoury Veggie Nachos
- 1 bag of tikka masala flavour nachos crisps
- 50g grated processed cheese
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 tomato diced
- 10 pcs sliced jalapeno peppers
- 1 sliced yellow capsicum
- 1 packet refried beans
- 1 cup black and green olives
- 1 jar chunky salsa hot
- Arrange a layer of tikka masala flavour nachos crisps in a microwave dish.
- Top it with sliced capsicum, finely chopped green onion, refried beans, sliced jalapeno peppers in layers over nachos.
- Add another layer of the nachos crisps.
- Top it again with finely chopped onion, diced tomatoes and sliced black and green olives and some chunky salsa hot.
- Add grated processed cheese on top.
- Heat in microwave until cheese melts.
- Decorate it with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Baked Chicken Nachos
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-1/4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7-1/2 cups tortilla chips
- 8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons diced pickled jalapeno peppers, optional
- In a large skillet, saute peppers in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; transfer to a small bowl. In the same skillet, saute the beans, garlic, oregano and cumin in the remaining oil for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, combine the chicken, lime juice, salt and pepper. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the tortilla chips, pepper mixture, bean mixture, chicken, cheese, onions and cilantro. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream and, if desired, pickled jalapenos.
Have Safe and Happy Holi with these amazing snacks! Stay tuned to HerZindagi for more such recipes.