Janmashtami is celebrated with a lot of zeal and energy across the country and even outside the country as devotees of Lord Krishna worship the God and Offer him the best of delicious foods to please him and celebrate his birthday. So, if you too want to please Lord Krishna then here are some amazing and easy recipes that you can prepare with a twist. Read on and find details inside.
Rava Ladoos With A Twist Of Coconut
- 6 Tbsp Ghee,
- 2.5 Cups Rava,
- 1 1/2 Cup Coconut,
- 6 Cups Milk,
- 2.5 Cups Sugar,
- 1 Teaspoon Cardamom Powder,
- Few Pistachios
- Start by heating ghee in a pan and roasting rava in it over a medium flame.
- Roast the rava, add in grated coconuts and cook for about 5-7 minutes then keep this aside.
- Take another pan and then heat milk in it and lower the flame after the milk comes to a boil, after this let this simmer.
- Now gradually add the coconut and rava mixture in the milk and stir continuously to avoid the lumps.
- When the milk gets absorbed by the rava and coconut, add the sugar, cardamom and mix, cooking this for another 10 minutes.
- Keep the prepared dish in a lined stray and refrigerate after spreading evenly.
- After some time cut into pieces and shapes of your choice and garnish with pistachios and serve!
Chocolate Dry Fruit Balls With A Twist Of Fennel Seeds
- 8-9 Marie Biscuits
- 4 Tbsp Chopped Roasted Dry Fruits (almonds, cashew nuts, pistachio, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 Tbsp Liquid Chocolates
- 6 Tbsp Condensed Milk
- 6 Tbsp Dark Chocolate Syrup For Coating
- 4 Tsp Colourful Vermicelli For Coating
- Take the biscuits and grind them into a fine flour-like powder in a food processor.
- Transfer this biscuit powder into a bowl.
- After this add cocoa powder, condensed milk, liquid chocolate and the roasted nuts into the bowl.
- Add more condensed milk if you need and make a dough out of this.
- Out of this dough, make balls and dip them in liquid chocolate to coat with it.
- And garnish with sweetened fennel seeds for that great twist.
Almond Gujiya With A White Chocolate Twist
- For Dough
- 4 Cups All- Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 1 Cup Water
- For Filling
- 2 Cup White Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- A Pinch Green Cardamom Powder
- 1 Cup Almond
- 2 Tbsp Jaggery
- Mix and rub some flour and ghee together, bind it all with water and prepare a soft dough and leave it for 1/2 an hour.
- Next mix the coconut, chocolate flakes, almonds and later add jaggery, in a separate bowl.
- Making small balls of the dough, roll small rotis with it.
- Place the filling in the center of the rotis and line its edges with water. Seal the gujiyas properly or use a gujiya maker for this.
- Finally, deep fry the gujiyas and garnish them with white chocolate before serving!
Try these recipes and make sure to have a blast this Janmashtami. If you liked reading this article then stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more.