Diwali is the time when we get to treat ourselves with our favourite delicacies so this time treat yourself with your favourite delicacies with a twist, because why nit step out of the monotony and explore.
Take a look at simple recipes that you can prepare with a twist.
Gulab Jamuns With Sweet Potatoes
- 100gms sweet potato
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- Dry grapes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Oil to fry
- Cardamom powder
- Start by making sugar syrup by heating sugar and water until it thickens, then, add some milk to add a creamy texture to the gulab jamuns.
- Take the boiled sweet potato and add refined flour and milk to knead into a thick and smooth dough.
- Pinch small balls from the dough and make round spherical gulab jamuns stuff it with dry grapes and sugar to ensure better cooking.
- Deep fry the gulab janum on a medium flame till they turn golden brown.
- Dip the fried gulab jamuns in sugar syrup and finally garnish with grated almonds.
Besan Ladoos With Chocolate Drizzle
- 1 cup gram flour
- Crunchy peanut butter
- 3/4 Cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoon melted chocolate
- Roast the gram flour in a pan for about 15-20 minutes on a low flame.
- Once that’s done mix peanut butter to it and mix it well with a spatula.
- Now add sugar and cinnamon and mix.
- Make ladoos with hands.
- Pour the melted chocolate in a piping bag and using the smallest nozzle, make a spiral pattern over the ladoo.
Confetti Kalakand Barfi
- 1½ cup fresh crumbled paneer
- Approx 2 cups Condensed milk
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 teaspoon rainbow sprinkles
- Mix crumbled paneer and condensed milk in a pan, on a low flame for 20-25 minutes till a soft dough is formed.
- Then add cinnamon powder to the dough and mix well before turning off the heat.
- Prepare an 8X8 dish by greasing it with ghee or butter and then put half of the soft dough into the dish, top with confetti and add the rest of the dough and top it again with confetti.
- Let it rest and cool down at room temperature, then refrigerate for an hour and serve post cutting small square shapes.
Orange Kaju Katli
- 2 cups premium quality cashews
- ¼ cup milk powder
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- orange colour
- 1 tsp ghee
- silver foil for decoration
- Roast cashew on a very low flame and then cool completely and freeze for about 6-8 hours.
- Grind the cashews into a fine fluffy powder. And, add milk powder to it and mix well.
- Now grate the unpeeled orange to obtain zest and then juice it.
- Make a sugar syrup with sugar and orange juice and add the orange zest to it. Cook syrup until 1 string consistency is achieved.
- Next, add the cashew powder to the pan and mix well until no lumps remain.
- Then add orange food colour.
- Then, add 1 tsp ghee and cook until mixture is thick. And stir until mixture is cool to touch.
- Grease the wax paper knead dough on it, make sure the dough is smooth and thick.
- Roll the dough using a rolling pin and spread ghee(benefits of ghee) over it. Decorate with silver foil. And cut into diamond shapes using a big knife or a diamond cutter.
- 1 apple
- 1 1/2 teaspoon saffron
- 1 teaspoon pistachios
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cup water
- 1 cup ghee
- silver vark as required
- 1 cup sugar
- Mix all purpose flour and water in a bowl and then leave it overnight to ferment.
- Make sugar syrup with the remaining water and sugar until the mixture thickens, once it's ready, add some saffron to add a fragrance and nice flavour to the jalebis.
- Then wash the apples(how to make fruit sushi) and cut round slices out if it. Then using a cutter, make a hole in the centre.
- Next, take the fermented batter and adjust it’s consistency with water to make it flowy.
- Now add ghee to a pan and heat it.
- Once the ghee is ready, dip the slices of apples into the batter and then fry in the ghee one by one.
- Soak the fried slices in the sugar syrup and garnish with pistachios after decorating with silver foil.
If you liked reading this article, stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more such pieces.
Did you like this article ?
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we have taken all measures to ensure that the information provided in this article and on our social media channels is credible and expert verified, we recommend you consult a doctor or your dermatologist before trying a home remedy, quick hack or exercise regime. For any feedback or complaint, reach out to us at email@example.com