One of the biggest Hindu festivals, Diwali is almost here. We can now see houses decked with fairy lights, a couple of public places decorated with beautiful décor items, and street vendors selling some really amazing showpieces, candles and whatnot.
Between beautifying your home and picking the right dress for the Diwali eve, you also need to decide the food that will just double the fun of the festival. While lunch and dinner can be sorted out easily, people get confused about what to serve during the brunch party.
To help you out a little bit, here are simple but mind-blowing recipes that you can serve your guests and family members to make them an ardent fan of your cooking!
When it is festival time, there has to be a classy sweet dish other than the regular ladoos and gulab juman, something like this perfect apple pancake.
- 1 cup shredded tart apple
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- First, take a large mixing bowl. Add butter, egg, milk and apple.
- Then take another bowl to mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar. Combine both the mixtures.
- Place a frying pan on the stove and pour 1 scoop the batter on it after oiling it.
- Cook both sides and your pancakes are ready!
At brunch party, you might want to keep the quantity of the food moderate. But there should not any comprise when it comes to taste, that’s why we recommend tomato bruschetta.
- 3-4 finely chopped tomatoes
- 8-10 long bread pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped coriander leaves
- Take your tomatoes, add them to a bowl. Also add salt, olive oil and coriander leaves.
- Mix well and let it sit 10 minutes.
- Place a grill pan over medium heat on the stove.
- Oil the pan and then grill your bread pieces grill 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Then place 1 tablespoon to mixture on each bread and let it cook for a minute or two.
- If you wish you can also add cheese to it.
What’s better than a desi recipe with amazing flavours during Diwali brunch party! Make lemon rice and impress one and all.
- 1 cup of boiled rice
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds,
- 1 tablespoon chana dal, and urad dal each
- 1-2 red chilies
- 2-3 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil to cook
- ½ teaspoon Haldi powder
- ½ teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Add oil to a pan, let it heat and then also mustard seeds, chana dal, urad dal, and red chillies. Sauté all well and add a few curry leaves.
- Once done, add salt, red chilli, and Haldi powder to the pan.
- Cook all well and add boiled rice. Keep sauteing.
- Pour lemon juice into the pan and give it a good mix. Cook for 3-5 minutes and your lemon rice is ready.
Brunch should be about experimenting that’s why you must try this amazing fusion food, roti pizza.
- 4-5 homemade rotis
- 2-3 tablespoons marinara sauce
- 1 thinly sliced capsicum
- 3-4 sliced mushrooms
- 1 finely sliced onion
- ½ cup grated cheese
- Take all your rotis and place on a platform to begin placing the toppings.
- Spread marinara sauce on it and put capsicum, mushrooms, onions, etc.
- Then add some grated cheese. Again, place your vegetables on it and add some more cheese over it.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes and your roti pizzas are ready!
To show your cooking prowess and the ability to impress with amazing foods, don’t forget to serve mughlai paratha to your guests!
- 4-5 leftover rotis (rava roti recipe)
- 2 eggs
- Salt to taste
- Oil to cook
- ½ cup chopped capsicum
- ½ cup chopped cabbage
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 2 green chilies
- ½ teaspoon garam masala and sabji masala each
- Begin by prepping your filling. Place a wok on stove and add oil.
- Once it is hot, add all your veggies and cook well for 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt along with spices. Cook for a minute and keep it aside.
- In a bowl beat two eggs with salt. Heat some oil and add half the mixture of the eggs. Also add your veggie mixture on top, just a tablespoon of it.
- Once done, put another roti on top of it, cook for 1 minute and flip.
- Put the rest of the mixture on top of this roti and cook well. Cut and serve with chutney (ayurvedic chutney recipes) of your choice.
If you liked this article, do comment on our Facebook page. Stay tuned to HerZindagi to read more such stories.
Image Courtesy: Freepik, Pinterest